Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 47 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 22nd, 2003, 02:59 AM   #691
New Boot

Field editing with Premiere Pro

I was looking at the 17-inch Mac notebook with the Final Cut Pro 4 for on site field editing. I make TV commercials and some clients just couldn't make up their mind. I upgraded to Premiere Pro and took my editing on site, shoot and edit the changes on the fly, and get the approval on the fly. Make the master miniDV on the spot.

I should have had this a long time ago. Premiere Pro rocks. I love the sequence thingy. Just like composition in After Effects. And the voice over on the fly, the car salesman just realized that he sounded good on TV.

I'm shopping to buy the Firestore FS-3, and still deciding to add Sony DSR-PD150 to replace the XL-1 for portability. Also, looking for a portable pro audio mixer for notebook...edirol???

Motion still lags in Premiere Pro. It is better but I wish I have all the bells and whistles of Matrox RT-X100 on the notebook, flares, liquids, etc.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 06:42 AM   #692
Major Player

I called Adobe today and asked....

I called adobe today and talked to them about putting 24p in premier so we can capture in 24p. And the guy is goign to forward the message to the adobe team. They said everyone has been asking for it. Do you guys thing it will happen anytime soon?
Old October 22nd, 2003, 07:13 AM   #693
Warden

It will determine the future of the product. No 24p and Premiere becomes a consumer/prosumer product. If it gets 24p in the future, Adobe will be aiming at a more professional market. Time will tell.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old October 22nd, 2003, 11:27 AM   #694
Regular Crew

I was having a similar problem but not with 24p. I would drag my footage into dvfilm & it would say something about it being Type I. The resulting 30P footage was in quicktime.

I fiddled with the settings & also downloaded ulead's free type I to type II converter which did the trick. The output is now an avi file not the mov file I was first getting & frustrated with.

I'm not sure which tweak solved the problem, probably the ulead converting utility which you can get at ulead.com
http://www.ulead.com/download/freedownload.htm

I have no idea if this will help you with 24P in premiere but I hope so.
Old October 22nd, 2003, 02:26 PM   #695
Major Player

yeah it is called Premier Pro. They need to act like pros.
Old October 23rd, 2003, 09:51 AM   #696
New Boot

Help, Adobe & Windows Media encoder 9

Gents,

I recently downloaded Microsoft's adobe 6.5 plugin Media Encoder 9. At first I was happy with all the added encoding options for the web Such as WM9, WM8 & WM7 etc.... but all of a sudden it quit working properly.

It will still encode the project but when I try replaying the new file I only get the audi...no video....?

What gives ? I have removed and reinstalled it to no avail....

Anybody else exprienced this ?

Thanks
Old October 24th, 2003, 06:47 PM   #697
Major Player

premiere pro - no sound???

Hello.

i am using a canopus raptor rt2 with premiere pro and the video works great but i'm getting no sound from the pc.

the sound works fine in every other program, just not in premiere pro.

matthew
Old October 25th, 2003, 02:26 PM   #698
Major Player

Matthew,

This is a Gotcha from PP. You have to go into project settings, general, playback settings and then change the Audio Playback from DV to "Play Back on Audio Hardware". Worked for me.
Old October 25th, 2003, 11:43 PM   #699
Trustee

Premier MPEG plug-in?

Can anyone recommend a program or plug-in for Premier 6.0 that will allow me to export my timeline from Premiere to MPEG 1 and MPEG 2? I know Cleaner 5 will do it but I’m hoping to spend a lot less than 500 bucks. I have other encoding software but they do not plug in, I must encode my time line.

Steve
Old October 26th, 2003, 06:34 AM   #700
Major Player

Your best bet may be to upgrade to 6.5 and enjoy the Main Concept encoder, which is very close to TMPGEnc in output quality and much faster. For $150USD (last time I looked) you also get a great titler and some real time preview if you're using firewire versus a proprietary card. Plus the PAR bug is fixed so you can work properly with 16:9 source material.

David Hurdon
Old October 26th, 2003, 06:56 AM   #701
Major Player

Your best bet may be to upgrade to 6.5 and enjoy the Main Concept encoder, which is very close to TMPGEnc in output quality and much faster. For $150USD (last time I looked) you also get a great titler and some real time preview if you're using firewire versus a proprietary card. Plus the PAR bug is fixed so you can work properly with 16:9 source material.

David Hurdon
Old October 26th, 2003, 11:02 AM   #702
Trustee

Adobe is not offering that upgrade any longer. I will have to find it someplace else.
Old October 26th, 2003, 03:57 PM   #703
Regular Crew

Premiere 6.5 , no audio and stop motion playback

Hi fellow editors ,

first time i use Premiere so plz bear with me .

I sucesfully captured one minute of footage just to test it . no frames were dropped and when i play back in the windows media player and Premiere the image is kind of blurry (just a little bit) . Audio is fine in WMP but when i play the file in a new project in premiere it doesn't play the audio track and the video stream is shown in stop motion rather tha a fluid one.

Just want to add that i shot the footage in frame mode on my GL2

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Thanks alot
Old October 27th, 2003, 07:03 AM   #704
Wrangler

Please advise us of your PC spec and what settings you were using in premiere.

In the project menu there is a settings viewer, if you click on this option a dialog box will appear, make sure that all your settings are the same throughout, if there are any red ones then they need to be corrected.

The image will look a bit blurry in frame mode, but you still should be able to see the picture. If at all possible can you post a still images?

Thanks,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 27th, 2003, 11:49 AM   #705
Regular Crew

Had you unplugged the camcorder from the computer before you took a look at the results?
KennJ

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite