Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 57 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old December 8th, 2003, 08:58 AM   #841
Major Player

You might start with www.wrigleyvideo.com where Kurt has a great assortment of "how-to" pieces in both demo and tutorial format.

David Hurdon
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:19 AM   #842
Trustee

Hey Shane this could be a useful place to start. After that the tutorial on the Premiere CD also helps.

If you have any specific questions, especially related to the DV500, post them and I'll help you if I can as I've spent the last 3 years working both with and against the DV500/Prem 5.1/6.0

Nice to see some more Australians showing up, gotta keep bringing it to these Americans.
Old December 8th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #843
Wrangler

I have started writing down various ways of how to create certain effect in premiere.

Like Adrian I too have used and still have DV500 and Premiere 6.5.

Start here; tell us what you would like to know, and we will try and be as helpful as we can.

Cheers,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old December 8th, 2003, 03:02 PM   #844
Regular Crew

Great, thanks guys.

I'm going to be on a tight time-frame for my first film so I didn't want to have to edit it in a "trial-and-error" fashion. I have a good grasp of the concepts, I am just unfamiliar with the software. Hopefully your tutorials will allow me to maximise the time I have available and make my film the best it can possible be.

EDIT: Adrian, thanks heaps for that Adobe link. That pdf file really is a fantastic reference. It's exactly what I wanted and yeah, you can never have too many Aussies...
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:08 PM   #845
Regular Crew

Video Pop-Up Graphics on Premiere

Have you seen those music videos when a little cloud or bubble pops up on the screen and gives a tidbit about the video or something.

Well I was editing some home movies with Premiere Pro and I was wondering what would be the best way to add something like that in aside from doing a stadard title. I was just wondering if there was a plug-in or another program that does this kind of stuff with a few more creative options than Premiere has.

Any ideas or input is greatly appreciated.

Tim
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:21 PM   #846
Skyonic New York

i actually did one of those for an educational film, i used nothing more then photoshop for the titles and that pop sound...

you could animate them but that would be tedious in premiere
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:02 PM   #847
Regular Crew

Blah! I'm such a photoshop noob! I've tried but it just doesn't seem to click for me. Mabe I'll just stick to the titles in Premiere.
Old December 8th, 2003, 09:12 PM   #848
Regular Crew

Cinemotion/Magic Bullet for Premiere

I'm looking for a demo or maybe some cheap freeware that works like cinemotion or Magic Bullet. So Far all I've found is programs that work in After Effects but I don't have this, I only have Premiere Pro to work with right now. Let me know if you guys know anything!

Thx

Tim
Old December 9th, 2003, 01:57 PM   #849
Inner Circle

Film motion: Duplicate the movie onto itself, de-interlace the superimposed movie, and set opacity between 30% and 70% depending on how strong you want the effect to be.

You should shoot at the slowest normal shutter speed if you are going to do this.

You get pretty close to actually shooting 24progressive or using Magic Bullet or DV Film Maker.

White balance: You can mess around with the white balance to get that effect of film. Film balanced for outdoors will give the wrong white balance indoors. Flesh tones will look yellow.

Color curves: Film tends to have "shoulders" for highlights and shadows. You can approximate the look by making a "s" curve in a curves filter. Compress highlights and shadows.

Color correction: Change colors according to your taste. Hollywood films go through a color correction process to make it look better.

Soft focus: You can add soft focus by using a soft focus filter or by superimposing your video onto itself, adding blur (gaussian blur for example), and setting the opacity to around half. Soft focus is not the same as out of focus.

Deficiencies of film:
hair
film grain
"projection" look - judder/jumpy film that changes in brightness (I'm not very good at describing this today)
Old December 9th, 2003, 01:58 PM   #850
Inner Circle

There's a lot wirtten about this subject. You should search the net with Google.com and see what you come up with. Maybe someone here can recommend some good resources.
Old December 9th, 2003, 08:25 PM   #851
Regular Crew

WEll I was really looking for a free plug-in or for somebody to tell me if it is possible to use the AE plug-in in Premiere. I copied it over but got an error upon trying to open premiere after that.
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:17 AM   #852
New Boot

Sorry for the long waity tyo reply, I just got back on line. I want to thank Jack Robertson and David Hurdon for ther reply to my questions.

Fred Haber
Old December 11th, 2003, 03:24 AM   #853
Major Player

Hello from Columbiaville!

Fred Haber -

I see by your profile that you're from Old Chatham, NY, Just want to say "Hi" from Columbiaville, NY! Small world! :)

I know a Floyd Haber. Any relation to you?

Cheers! :)

Ted
Old December 11th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #854
New Boot

No relation Ed, but I think my wife had you as a student in school.
Nice to hear from you.
Old December 12th, 2003, 10:05 AM   #855
Regular Crew

You can use Cinemotion and Cinelook with Primiere 6.5 Just put the plug-ins in the to appropriate plugins directory. On a side note, you CANNOT use the presets that come with Cinelook, which knid of sucks becasue there are a ton of settings you need to adjust.

I actually use a form of "Instant Sex" which is described by Clenn Chan above. I works very well and the render times aren't quite as bad as with Cinelook.

If your camera supports it, shoot in "Frame Mode" and you won't need to deinterlace.

Cheers,
Mark Jefferson
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite