Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 48 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 27th, 2003, 12:25 PM   #706
Major Player

ok i'm having a dense day today...i am in front of my editing system and i can't find the option that you mentioned.

i find the project settings and the playback setting but nothing that looks like what you described.

matthew
Old October 27th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #707
Major Player

Matt,

When I click on Playback Settings, a new window opens and presents several options, one of which is "Audio Playback" There are two choices, "Play audio on DV hardware" or "Play audio on Audio Hardware". When I selected "Play audio on Audio Hardware" it fixed my problem. Feel free to email me Rob@aspenpromedia.com
Old October 27th, 2003, 06:56 PM   #708
Regular Crew

I think this is what he's trying to say, but if you have the Firewire cord into a camera it will playback the sound in the camera, not in the computer. I'm guessing this is the option to turn that off in the program but I haven't explored it myself, just as easy to unplug the camera.
Old October 27th, 2003, 10:39 PM   #709
Regular Crew

Static on WMV Exports in Premiere Pro

When I export things to WMV format (for friends and such...just quick movies). I get static on the audio when it peaks. Here are my settings, any ideas what I can do to fix this?

General Summary:
Output: Compressed
Average Kbps: Variable

Video Summary:
Codec: Windows Media Video 9
Encoding Passes: Two
Bitrate Mode: Variable Unconstrained
Allow interlaced processing: Off

Audio Summary:
Codec: Windows Media Audio 9
Encoding Passes: Two
Bitrate Mode: Variable Unconstrained

Metadata Summary:

Audiences Summary:

High bandwidth 3
Decoder Complexity: Auto
Width: 720
Height: 480
Frames Per Second: 25.00 (low quality)
Keyframe Interval (seconds): 5
Buffer Size (seconds): Default
Average Video Bitrate: 2000.00 (low quality)
Audio Format: 128 kbps, 44 kHz, stereo VBR
Old October 28th, 2003, 09:18 PM   #710
Inner Circle

Maybe WMEncoder is doing a bad job of the sampling rate conversion. Try 48khz audio instead of 44.1khz
Old October 29th, 2003, 03:35 PM   #711
Tourist

Graphics Card for Premiere Pro:

Anyone have any info on compatible video cards for Premiere Pro?

Is Parhelia 128 compatible? Seems some users like it, from what I've read. No conflicts anyone is aware of? I'm asking because I've been warned about a lot of compatibility problems with Matrox products -- but maybe it's just with the Matrox "capture cards".

What about Nvidea Gforce? Anyone use it?

Glen
Old October 29th, 2003, 07:44 PM   #712
Major Player

Glen,

I'm using the Parhillia 128 and PP with no problems. From what I've read, it's mostly gamers that seem to have problems with the card. I don't have anything but editing software on that machine so couldn't say myself.
Old October 29th, 2003, 11:00 PM   #713
New Boot

Glen:

I have not received my NLE system so I cannot comment on any of the Parhelia’s shortcomings, if any. My system is being built from scratch so I will not have it in my hands for another week, maybe two.

However, from what I’ve read and heard, the Matrox Parhelia works wonderfully with a variety of NLE software solutions. I’m sure you’ll find some great testimonials here in the DVInfo forum that will support this.

Anyone else here care to comment?
Old October 30th, 2003, 05:47 PM   #714
Inner Circle

The Parhelia card is recommended for use with Premiere Pro. Triple head is very nice...

http://www.pugh.co.uk/Products/adobe/premiere%20pro.htm
[url]http://www.pugh.co.uk/Products/adobe/premierematrox.htm[url/]

2- Some of Matrox's hardware acceleration products have lacked support. For example, the RTMac card for Final Cut has had very flaky support for its drivers. Matrox's video cards are a different story.
Old October 30th, 2003, 09:10 PM   #715
New Boot

Adobe Premiere Exporting Question

Hi, I occasionally have difficulty exporting to tape from Adobe Premiere 6.0, it doesnt seem to follow any pattern that I am able to discern. What happens is suddenly in the middle of an export to tape, the video will act as though it is being fast fowarded while recording. I hope/assume it might be a simple problem, but it is a major pain. Thanks for any help
Old October 30th, 2003, 11:23 PM   #716
Inner Circle

I got that problem too. #Q$@%#$%&!#@$~!!! I didn't bother solving it fully. Exporting the whole movie as one chuck kind of helps but didn't fix the problem.

Final Cut and Vegas are so much better in my experience. I haven't used Premiere Pro- hopefully that's better.
Old October 31st, 2003, 06:45 AM   #717
Major Player

Fortunately, your problem is easily corrected:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1435

Install the free 6.02 update.

David Hurdon
Old November 1st, 2003, 10:11 AM   #718
New Boot

Thanks a bunch David, I wont have to pull my hair out all the time because of this now. :)
Old November 1st, 2003, 06:46 PM   #719
New Boot

Yes, I agree with Ed. If the firewire is plugged in and the camcorder is on while you are running Premiere, any output will be diverted to the camcorder and you'll just get stuttery video. However if you look on the camcorder you'll probably see full motion video. After you are done capturing, turn off or unplug the camera from the firewire cable and give Premiere a few moments to right itself.
Old November 1st, 2003, 06:58 PM   #720
Regular Crew

Thanks a lot guys for all your inputs , actually i switched to Pinnacle for video editing , i got Sound forge for the sound and of course After Effects for the goodies ;)

See ya

Phil
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite