Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 40 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old September 18th, 2003, 02:49 AM   #586
Inner Circle

" Of course, the results do not reflect the higher fidelity possible with 32 bits, but are exactly the same as the source audio."

you said that better than i could... LOL
that was basically what i was tryin to convey without getting into any technical aspect of resampling, as "conforming" in the original description came across to me as if the audio was being resampled.

No doubt higher bitrates offer "cleaner" results when runnign effect chains, but its the "filler" bits which may be slightly innacurate, which is why i mentioned interpolation during the upsample.

Either way the application is good, but its a little too fiddly for my liking. If i had the time to use it extensively, i would most likely stay with it, as Premiere with a DVStorm 2 card is an excellent piece of kit... but the amount of management and work process flow is a little too cumbersome for my own applications.

Im sure there are THOUSANDS, if not millions of people who use Premiere are are extremly happy with it and good on it for being a good application.

Yeowser this thread has gone oon a bit hasnt it.. LOL
Old September 18th, 2003, 07:12 AM   #587
Sponsor: JET DV

<<<-- Originally posted by BJ Thomas : Now in Vegas Video, when you import a video clip that you captured in another program, it builds peaks and I am not sure if it is conforming the audio the same way Premiere is doing and it takes about the same time that Premiere does. -->>>

The "peak" file is doing nothing to the audio. It is simply creating the graphical representation of the waveform so it can be drawn more quickly.
Old September 20th, 2003, 07:54 AM   #588
Regular Crew

Premiere & GL2 capture Problem

When im capturing video from the GL2 in premiere ,about 2 minutes in the screen goes blank in the viewer and i have to restart my camera to get it to register it. The tape timer code ins ok, the control of the deck is ok, it just stops showing the video. Liek it goes into a sleep mode or something. How do I fix this?
Old September 20th, 2003, 06:45 PM   #589
Trustee

howstuffworks Video Editing w/Adobe Premiere. good stuff.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/vi....htm/printable
Old September 20th, 2003, 11:57 PM   #590
Major Player

Setting Chapters in Premiere 6.0

Hi,

I am using the standard suite of programs that came with my DVD Writer and the burning software is Sonic's MyDVD. I also use Premiere 6.0 with the Logos MPEG encoder plugin.

How can I create chapters on the time line that will be recognised by MyDVD or for that matter chapter in MyDVD. At present I have one 58min movie.

Cheers
Andrew

TOTAL AMATEUR - DOING IT FOR THE FUN
Old September 21st, 2003, 05:08 AM   #591
Major Player

I don't know what version of MyDVD you have but in my v.3 the only way to set chapter points is during capture using MyDVD. I haven't tried it but that is what I've read in the help material. If one archives projects out to DV tape, recapturing in MyDVD provides the chance to create chapters, but means having it do the MPEG-2 encoding ;-(

David Hurdon
Old September 21st, 2003, 09:28 AM   #592
Regular Crew

same here

The same thing happens to me , I have to restart.
TOM
Old September 21st, 2003, 12:52 PM   #593
Major Player

Hi David,

The theory is great the practice...not so good. On three seperate and consecutive occasions I set 26 chapters in my project only for the program to hang.......each time. Ctrl Alt Del stuff.

Hence my question?

Cheers
Andrew

PS: Going nuts

Old September 21st, 2003, 03:19 PM   #594
Regular Crew

I think that's a pretty common bug in Premiere. A lot of people that I know have been complaining about it. I guess you just have to do it the hard way.
Old September 21st, 2003, 11:35 PM   #595
Regular Crew

Magic Bullet for Premiere - $49 ?

http://www.simplydv.co.uk/newsitems/magicbullet_movielook.html

I thought this program was over $1000...?
Old September 22nd, 2003, 04:47 AM   #596
RED Problem Solver

Looks like they're just selling the "looks" part of Mb separately - without their de-interlace 24p stuff. So they've removed the hard bit, and left you the stuff you can do yourself with a colour corrector and a bit of patience..... That's marketing for you!
Old September 22nd, 2003, 08:23 AM   #597
Wrangler

I thought that My DVD did not regonize chapter points made in premiere???

The only program that I am aware that does this is Adobes Encore!!!

I guess you could always export without the chapter points and then put the chapter points in later in My DVD, But I do not think it supports chapters. You might need to upgrade to DVDit SE.

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:11 PM   #598
Major Player

Hi Ed,

Thanks.

Cheers
Andrew

Old September 22nd, 2003, 01:26 PM   #599
Regular Crew

Does it go black while capping or inbetween captures.

It happens to me inbetween caps and not as often as it's happening to you but when it does happen I go into the Settings tab and click on Edit under capture settings and when the project settings window comes up I hit OK and I'm all good again.

Quicker than restarting the camera.
Old September 23rd, 2003, 04:41 PM   #600
Tourist

Low res DV capture with time code in premiere

I'm currently using two programs to edit my dv movies. I use Studio DV to do a low resolution caputure from my dv camera. I load the low res (1GB/hr) avi file into adobe premere and assign time code to a known frame. I then do all my editing using the low res avi file. When I'm done, I tell premiere to go out and recapture the final clips from my DV camera in full (D1) resolution. I then render the final movie and export it to tape.

The process works fine, but the time code slips when there are dropped frames... So I'm looking for a a tool that will capture DV from my camera in low res, WITH timecode. I have been unable to do this from Premiere.

Thanks,

-Scott
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite