Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 46 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old October 16th, 2003, 07:39 PM   #676
Regular Crew

Overlay/Insert (Premiere Pro)

I just found out that Premiere Pro defaults to overlays when dragging a clip along the timeline.

Is there any way to make the default to insert the clip?
Old October 17th, 2003, 04:24 AM   #677
RED Code Chef

If you can't find it in your preferences then you probably can't.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old October 17th, 2003, 05:06 AM   #678
Regular Crew

Ehh, that SHOULD be an option...

But the truth is, while working on a project last night for the first time, I really got used to pressing ALT and dragging the clip, so it's not such a big deal.

Though it really should be an option.
Old October 17th, 2003, 08:43 AM   #679
Wrangler

Can't you choose to insert the clip from the Source window or does Premiere Pro do away with this setup (Source/Project windows)?
Old October 17th, 2003, 04:40 PM   #680
Regular Crew

Analog audio upload using XL1S and 6.5

Hi all. I'm trying to upload audio from a cassette from my boom box, through my XL1s onto premiere 6.5
I have a 2-1 RCA to mini jack.
I plugged the RCA cables in the audio in/out on the back of the XL1s, and the mini jack into the phones jack on the boom box.
Am I doing this right?
I don't want to record the audio in the mini DV. I want to bridge it directly onto my hard drive.
1. Do I need a different type of jack?
2. How exactly do I acomplish this task?
3. How do I capture this onto premiere 6.5? Do I do an audio capture or movie capture with premiere?
I'm assuming that I have to set the camera into VCR mode right?
4.Do I press the A/V insert button on the XL1s handle?
Please help!
Sorry I these questions seem a bit aahhh stupid.
Old October 17th, 2003, 05:10 PM   #681
Regular Crew

Not too sure about that...

I mean you CAN insert clips and whatnot.

I'm talking about when I'm dragging things along the timeline. You can't insert unless you hold the ALT key down... Kind of a hassle, but it works. If you don't hold down ALT, it'll overlay.
Old October 18th, 2003, 08:29 AM   #682
Wrangler

Hi Bernard,

If it was me I would use a seperate audio package, to capture the audio. This way you can by pass the XL1s and connect straight into your line input socket on your sound card.

However going through the camera might work although I have not tested it.

You can just capture audio in the movie capture window in Premiere. In the bottom left hand corner there are 2 small icons which resemble video and audio. If you select the video one, a red line will appear, this now means that you will only be capturing audio.

All the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old October 19th, 2003, 06:48 PM   #683
Major Player

Error using DVFilm maker with Premiere Pro

Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone in here has successfully used DVFilm Maker with Premiere Pro. I get an error. This is what happens....

First, I capture my 24pA (Dvx100) footage from camera to Premiere as regular NTSC 2:3:3:2 footage. Then, I save this as a regular DV-AVI file which I take into DVFilm Maker and convert the 2:3:3:2 pulldown to 24p. Once converted, I then take this footage back into Premiere and open as a new project with editing mode set to Video for Windows and a Timebase of 24.00 frames/second. I then import the previously converted footage into this timeline and make the edits that I need, etc. Once finished, I export the timeline material as a Quicktime file set at 24fps which I then take into DVFilm Maker to convert the footage from 24P back to a NTSC 3:2 pulldown to view on TV or video tape.....

The problem is, on this last step when I hit PROCESS, I get an error saying "Not a DV codec". It didn't matter what codec I tried on this last step because I get this same error message.

Has anyone gotten this before? What did you do to remedy this? Am I doing the steps correctly?

Thanks for any help!
Old October 19th, 2003, 07:55 PM   #684
Regular Crew

Options for final product (Premiere 6.0)?

Hi all,
I've been editing some short skits for church and have thus far been dumping it back to my Canon GL-1 and using as a VCR for playback. I do want to archive it to DVD, though, something I haven't done before. What's the best way to do this with the Premiere bundle? I will probably load the videos from the Canon to the church's video computer (also running Premiere) since I don't have a DVD burner at home; is there a way to burn the DVD straight from the camera or do I need to load it onto the computer first? If I do load it, do I have to do the 'movie capture' method from within Premiere or is there an alternate transfer method?

Thanks,
Old October 19th, 2003, 09:59 PM   #685
Regular Crew

this happens to me constantly and it drives me UP THE WALL! i get a bit better results with scenalyzer, which people seem to like better than premiere's capturing features. i like using premiere personally, but it happens so much i just can't continue to use it for capture.

i find the gl2's playback features a little sluggish, and i've been thinking about getting a cheapo dv cam just for capture. but buying the gl2 didn't exactly leave me with a lot of cash :)
Old October 19th, 2003, 10:28 PM   #686
Inner Circle

You want to load it onto the computer first. If you know where the the footage ends (near where the timecode ends) then you can enter in timecodes and premiere will capture for you. Otherwise capture now and Premiere'll also capture for you.

Or you can use a firewire drive to transfer files from home to church.

I would use DV tape to archive though. But that's just me.
Old October 20th, 2003, 09:55 AM   #687
Major Player

I've been told that I need to select QUICKTIME as the editing mode for my project. The problem is, I don't have QUICKTIME in the drop down box. All i see is 'Video for Windows' and 'DV Playback' as options.

Can anyone confirm if they have the ability to select Quicktime as an editing mode? Thanks!
Old October 20th, 2003, 12:47 PM   #688
Major Player

Okay, in case someone wants to know the latest on this.....I was told that Adobe Premiere Pro no longer supports QUICKTIME as an editing mode.

This sucks.
Old October 20th, 2003, 03:31 PM   #689
Major Player

It's not just the GL2 (though it could be a Canon issue).

I use a ZR40 as my capture deck and Pro has been doing this same thing. It's not a huge deal, I turn the camera off then on again and it's fine.
Old October 20th, 2003, 04:03 PM   #690
Regular Crew

Thanks for the info Ed.

<<You can just capture audio in the movie capture window in Premiere. In the bottom left hand corner there are 2 small icons which resemble video and audio. If you select the video one, a red line will appear, this now means that you will only be capturing audio.>>

I did not know that about Premiere.
But I was unable to upload the audio.

Do you or anyone else have any other suggestions?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite