Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 - Page 51 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old November 11th, 2003, 05:42 PM   #751
Regular Crew

Viewing the edit line while playing

The only way I know how to do this is to zoom out the time line until you can see the entire project length at once and then you can see the edit line anywhere as it plays.
Old November 11th, 2003, 06:43 PM   #752
Regular Crew

Rob,
I have Premiere 6.5, and I tried holding the space bar. doesn't work (the clip keeps play/pause/play/pause).

James,
yeah i know. but sometimes I need to zoom in all the way, to monitor the waves (for audio).
the best way to do it now (while zoomed in) is to follow the edit line by moving the scroll at the bottom. the down side about it is that you can't do anything else with the mouse while scrolling.
Old November 12th, 2003, 05:23 AM   #753
Wrangler

As far as I am aware of this cannot be done.

The only way that I can get something similar is if I keep my finger on the 'right' navigation key on the keyboard (frame right). This go's slightly slower than realtime.

all the best,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old November 12th, 2003, 02:35 PM   #754
Regular Crew

Don't fade, my pretty thread!! Please, how do I change the render codec???
Old November 12th, 2003, 11:34 PM   #755
New Boot

yeah, with no luck.... I finnaly resorted to using the standalone version of WM9 encoder instead of exporting it from Premiere...

Thanks
Old November 13th, 2003, 12:03 PM   #756
New Boot

Corey -

I see the light at the end of the tunnel........... j/k

Found this on the Adobe site, let us know if it solves your problem?

Video for Windows Compressors
To view Video for Windows compressors, you must first choose Video for Windows from the Editing Mode pop-up menu in the General Project Settings dialog box, or from the File Type pop-up menu in the General Export Movie Settings dialog box. To view the Microsoft DV (NTSC) or Microsoft DV (PAL) compressors, choose DV Playback from the File Type pop-up menu in the General Export Movie Settings dialog box.

Most Video for Windows compressors are better suited for multimedia than for broadcast video (with the exception of Microsoft DV [NTSC] and Microsoft DV [PAL]). The following software compressors are included with Video for Windows.

Cinepak
See "Cinepak" in the QuickTime Compressors section of this document for a complete description.

Intel Indeo 5.10
This codec is useful for video distributed over the Internet for computers with MMX or Pentium II processors. Intel Indeo 5.10 includes features such as a quick compression option, flexible keyframe control, chroma keying (transparency), playback effects, and on-the-fly cropping that reduces data load. This codec also employs a progressive download feature that adapts to different network bandwidths. Full use of these features requires utility software from Intel. The codec is designed to work together with the Intel Audio Software codec.

Intel Indeo Video R3.2
This codec is useful for compressing 24-bit video for playback from CD-ROMs. This codec attains higher compression ratios, better image quality, and faster playback than the Microsoft Video 1 codec. For best results, use the Indeo Video codec on raw source data that hasn't been previously compressed with a highly lossy codec. When used with a data rate for playback, this codec produces movies that are comparable in quality to those compressed with the Cinepak codec.

JPEG
JPEG, which uses the Joint Photographic Experts Group algorithm for image compression, is an international standard for compressing still images. The software-based JPEG compressor is normally used where quality must be maintained rather than real-time playback. When using JPEG, compression ratios are dependent on image content, but can range from 5:1 to 100:1. You can normally expect a compression ratio of 10:1. Ideal picture quality comes from compression ratios between 10:1 and 20:1.

Microsoft DV (NTSC) and Microsoft DV (PAL)
Microsoft's DV (NTSC) and DV (PAL) codecs are used to compress video transferred to and from a DV camera and an OHCI device on computers running Windows 98SE and later. Microsoft DV (NTSC) and Microsoft DV (PAL) have a fixed data rate (3.6 MB/second) and frame size (720 x 480). Microsoft DV (NTSC) is used with DV cameras manufactured in North America and Japan; Microsoft DV (PAL) is used with DV cameras manufactured in Europe.

Microsoft RLE
This codec is useful for compressing frames that contain large areas of flat color, such as cartoon-style animation. This codec uses a spatial 8-bit run-length encoding (RLE) compressor and is lossless at the 100% quality setting.

Microsoft Video 1
This lossy, spatial codec is useful for compressing analog video. It supports pixel depths of 8 or 16 bits.
Old November 13th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #757
Regular Crew

Audio problem wiht P.P.

OK I just got P.P. last week and I am just trying to learn everything. I just made like a little snowboard video just to see what I could do. After I exported into an avi file and watch it, when someone likes grinds a rail or falls or something the audio gets like statickey or something?? I no its something I am doing wrong, any suggestions?? One other thing, this is a stupid question probably but how do I compress the footage to email it to someone ??
Old November 13th, 2003, 03:54 PM   #758
Regular Crew

Thanks, but no that does not really answer my question...I'm not having a problem with rendering my final video, I'm having trouble with the real-time processing...It's going slow and it didn't go slow before, and I'm wondering if this is because my hardware is outdated (Shouldn't be, look above), or something isn't set right...Thanks again.
Old November 13th, 2003, 06:37 PM   #759
New Boot

my length response was to your "How do I go about changing that?" question.

Open the Task Manager (right-click the toolbar) and then click on the Performance tab. Try to render, what sort of CPU/memory usage are you seeing?

Then check this out:
Slow running machine using Adobe Premiere 7.0
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?50@197.4r4YbrowEDe.1@.2cce3b3e

If that still doesn't answer your question, roam around the Adode User Forum for Premiere Pro and you'll find it.
http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.1de9c1bf
Old November 14th, 2003, 03:39 PM   #760
Regular Crew

.m2t and Premiere 6.5

Aloha,

I just downloaded an .m2t from this site. Changed the file extension to .mpg and imported it into Adobe Premiere 6.5 on Windows 2kpro and put it right on the timeline with no problems. I didn't think this would work? Are the .m2t files people have uploaded (Paul Mogg GGBridge) not really transport stream?
Old November 14th, 2003, 03:57 PM   #761
Regular Crew

There must be something special about that files, because other .m2t files lock up Premiere.
Old November 14th, 2003, 04:12 PM   #762
Major Player

The only difference is that they were edited in the KDDI editor that came with the camera to add the overlay text.
Old November 14th, 2003, 04:12 PM   #763

Hi Dustin,

Which .m2t file are you referring to? Could you please provide the URL?

Thank you,

- don
CREATE and NETWORK with http://www.bosfcpug.org
and also http://fcpugnetwork.org
Old November 14th, 2003, 06:25 PM   #764
Regular Crew

The files I downloaded are the ones at http://www.dvinfo.net/jvc/media/ The PaulMogg_GGBridge1.m2t files goes into Premiere just fine. The other ones lock up the system. Maybe I am not waiting long enough, but there is no response and no CPU usage.
Old November 14th, 2003, 08:08 PM   #765

Thank you for responding so quickly Dustin.

I do hope that you are having some nice weather in Kaneohe. Certainly a very beautiful place to be!

So you know, it's quite c-o-o-o-l-d where I am here just outside of Harvard Square in Cambridge, MA.

- don
CREATE and NETWORK with http://www.bosfcpug.org
and also http://fcpugnetwork.org
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite