DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Adobe Premiere discussions from 2003 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/3541-adobe-premiere-discussions-2003-a.html)

Steve Minnick December 4th, 2003 09:55 PM

thanks for the info...i guess the best way to go for now is express pro...since there is no coversion from premiere pro to FCP or Xpro...thanks again

Jim Ioannidis December 5th, 2003 12:05 AM

Premiere Pro render issue

I'm working on my first project in Premiere Pro and i have some transitions and some transparency and color effects going on and everything is rendered.

The I close Premiere and when i re-open it nothing is rendered.
SO i re-render everything and even though the line at the top of the timeline is green, nothing is actually rendered. I have to actually make a change to the transition or effect to get it to do a real render.

Anybody seen anything like this yet? The first time I thought it was a fluke but it's happened a couple times now and i don't wanna close premiere now because it creates more work for me.

Rob Wilson December 5th, 2003 09:08 AM

Jim,

That HAS to be frustrating! Sounds like the program isn't keeping track of where it saves rendered files. You may want to try re-setting all the file location settings.

Ong Wan Shu December 5th, 2003 03:21 PM

"Premiere 6.0 is not that reliable. Make sure you get the latest patch or else you will drop A LOT of frames on export"

What software should I use then? Premiere 6 Pro?

Ryan Krga December 5th, 2003 03:52 PM

It's greyed out when I try to change it in Pro. I'm refering to the preview rendering codec.

John Britt December 5th, 2003 04:17 PM

The Project Settings option is grey out? If that's new to Pro, that's a horrible idea!

You could try this as a workaround:

Start a new project using the preview settings that you want. Then import your other project into your new one (File -> Import -> Project). You will then have your entire project with all your keyframes, transperancy settings and whatnot as well as your preferred preview settings.

Glenn Chan December 5th, 2003 06:37 PM

Premiere Pro is version 7 of Premiere. It's rewritten from the ground up. I haven't used it myself personally but digitalvideoediting gives it a good review. Vegas and Avid are also good NLEs on the PC side. I like Vegas. It has a free demo (very limited, don't try anything important with it of course).

Jim Ioannidis December 5th, 2003 10:20 PM

frustrating to say the least BUT i've figured it out.

After a bunch of hours testing and opening and closing premiere probably about 400 times i narrowed it down to a problem with 1 clip. I have no idea whats wrong with the clip but when it's in there it caused all kinds of problems with the whole project.

hopefully this will help someone else someday.

EJ Dyksen December 5th, 2003 10:28 PM

Premiere Import/Export Problems

To preface this post, my editing machine is Dual MP 2400+ with a gig of DDR 400, and a fast 7,200 hard drive.

Anyways, in Permiere Pro, I cannot export to tape (through firewire). It will play back on the DV hardware as choppy as you can imagine. It really isn't a matter of how many frames are dropped per second...only a few frames per few seconds are even picked up. I've looked through (seemingly) all the settings and can find nothing. The problem is not the camera (tried on a GL and two XLs as well as a firewire<-->S video box).

Also, importing works marginally well...if Premiere loses focus, it'll stop capturing.

What's goin' on here?

Debu Gohain December 6th, 2003 01:10 PM

Dyksen,

If the machine is not properly configured Premier Pro sometimes drops frams while doing "print to tape" Actually, Premier Pro needs more power coz. of it's real time effects capabilities. It eats up lots of CPU's power. You need to cut down some power while doing the same. Change the setting

setting/general/advanced options disable the fullscreen preview on computer screen.

Try this put, It's should run smoothly

debu
-----------------------------
Editor, Studio Brahmaputra
India, Assam

EJ Dyksen December 6th, 2003 01:56 PM

Cool. I'll try that. Also, does direct X 9 make a difference? That machine has never been connected to the net, so it hasn't been Windows updated (although it does have service pack 1).

I'm also going to try some other capture programs, as I was planning to anyways, because we want batch capture abilities.

As a quick side note, you can address me as E.J. I go by my initials, but I wasn't sure how vB would handle a username with periods in it. :)

Fred Haber December 7th, 2003 02:12 AM

adobe premiere

Would someone know if Adobe Premiere 6 will still work if I update to Windows XP. I know XP comes with Media Player 9. The last time I downloaded MP9 I had a lot of problems getting my system to run some of my existing media programs like Sonic, MyDVD.
One other question, I use MyDVD to copy direct to DVD from my XLS1 to my Pioneer AO5. If I load more then 30 minutes the program loads to the end than hangs up my system. I tried loading only 15 minutes and it worked fine. I read there was an 18 minute time limit for files in MyDVD.
Is there a way to load shorter segments in sequence with having the program finalize the DVD after each download.

System:
Dell 8100
Win ME
1.3 GH
2, 80 Gb hard drives

Hope this makes sense, Thanks, Fred Haber

Jack Robertson December 7th, 2003 04:38 AM

You might need the Beta v6.02 patch...

http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2a1ce.htm

Regards,
Jack

David Hurdon December 7th, 2003 07:05 AM

The only contribution I can make is to say that MyDVD has no such limitation in my experience with it. I've done 40 minute clips recently, but from MPEG-2 input on my HD, not from capture. I'd guess the limit is in your O/S and drive formatting (FATvsNTFS).

David Hurdon

Shane Kinloch December 7th, 2003 06:06 PM

Tutorials Needed

G'Day,

I will be making my first short movie early next year and will be using one of my works PC for post. It has Pinnacle Systems DV500 that includes Adobe Premiere 6.

Does anyone know where I can get tutorials for this program online?

I have limited experience with Final Cut Pro on Mac.