Premiere 5.0.3 crashing with ntdll.dll module error - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old January 12th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #46
Regular Crew

I have been using Cineform build 291 with Premiere 5.0.3 too and have had no recurrence of the ntdll.dll crash either...

However, I am experiencing a similar issue with monitor playback ceasing to work. Although in my case with the program monitor. If you don't close and reopen the application at this point you can induce a crash. Also creating sequences out of sequences causes the system to crash too. Am finding these problems start to cause real issues with a larger project.

Both these issues reference Cineform files in the error reporting. Have been in touch with Cineform so hopefully further fixes are on the way.

Last edited by Steve Pesenti; January 12th, 2011 at 05:39 PM.
Steve Pesenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2011, 05:25 PM   #47
Major Player

Thanks for the update Steve,

Although I have not had any ntdll.dll module crashes yet. Today I had 4 app crashes due to MultiBand2.dll. Never had this before with 5.2, its a dynamics compressor chain I am using I think. If it ain't one thing its another :)

Faulting application name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe, version: 5.0.3.0, time stamp: 0x4ce382d1
Faulting module name: MultiBand2.dll, version: 2.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4b042ca5
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000066054
Faulting process id: 0x26a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbb28a3e4fc4a8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS5\Plug-ins\en_US\VSTPlugins\MultiBand2.dll
Report Id: 36a523d8-1e82-11e0-9811-e0cb4e0ff8b0
Rich Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2011, 08:09 AM   #48
Major Player

Another update on 5.3.

After playing with CS5.3 and cineform build 291 for a few days I have found several bugs, well for me anyway. The biggest of them is I am unable to output (cineform 4:2:2 filmscan avi's) via adobe media encoder, the project starts working for a few mins and then halts / - frames seem to freezes. I tried this several times with the same issue with 2 projects. Each timeline is a 22 minute master sequence with 3 nested sequences inside, I am only doing it this way due to crashes. The second bug is very often the source monitor stops responding, The 3rd issue is the program crashes or stops responding.

I have ghosted my O/S and app build back to 5.2 and CF build 281 and all seems to be good (so far) and I am able to export again. I shall stick with this build I think for now until other significant updates come along.
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:42 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Rich, that's exactly what's happening with my system. I've been following this thread for a week or so to see how it plays out. I just recently upgraded from CS4 to CS5, at a time when I finally had CS4 running very stable, and immediately updated to 5.0.3. I've been experiencing these problems since day one with CS5.

I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who has been stable for quite a while. I ask about the what versions he's been running. He's on 5.0.2 and Cineform build 289. He's been editing very confidently for a couple of months now. I'm seriously considering an uninstall of both softwares and a reinstall of 5.0.2 and build 289.

Chad
Chad Haufschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2011, 06:05 AM   #50
Major Player

Hi Chad - I think its worth a shot, my experience with 5.3 has been pretty miserable, a lot of wasted time with crashes, testing, tweaking, crashing, more tweaking and more crashing etc. It would be nice to have the latest code but the 5.02 build I have is much more stable, and for now I think I will just stick with it unless there is a compelling reason to try the upgrade again.

If you go back to 5.2. I would recommend that you delete all rendered previews and clean the media cache database.
Old January 14th, 2011, 02:20 PM   #51
Regular Crew

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to give it a shot over the weekend. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:25 AM   #52
Regular Crew

So far, so good

Here's an update. I unistalled everything Adobe and Cineform related, deleting all render and cached files that I could think of. I then ran CCleaner to make sure the registry was good to go.

Then I reinstalled Adobe CS5 fresh and new, 5.0.0. Before I updated I installed the newest Cineform build, 291. Then I updated CS5. After several unsuccessful attempts to download 5.0.2 from Adobe's archive, I updated to 5.0.3. I had work to do, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Update was successful.

So far editing has been much more stable than before the reinstall. I have not yet re-enabled the Mercury hardware engine though. I'm suspicious that it might the problem as the 5.0.3 update was primarily a CUDA support update. I have not yet tried any exporting either.

More later as I find issues.

Chad
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #53
Adobe Systems

Thanks for the update, Chad.
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:11 PM   #54
New Boot

Seems to be stable

I've rolled back to CS5 5.0 and am running Neoscene's 5.2.7.290, codec V. 6.9.2.529. Seems to be working OK. Am very reluctant to update Adobe CS though.
Shmuley Shelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 12:15 PM   #55
Adobe Systems

Thanks Shmuley. If you do upgrade and run into trouble, please post and tell us the details.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite