Can't get rid of interlacing in Premiere CS6? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old December 27th, 2012, 05:45 AM   #1
Trustee

Can't get rid of interlacing in Premiere CS6?

I'm having a strange problem in a project in Premiere CS6.

I'm getting a sort-of interlacing ghosting appearing in my footage. It is not normal interlacing (ie what you'd see if you turn the preview window to "show both fields"), rather one of the fields is semi-transparent and has a red tint. No matter what I do - interpret the footage to upper field first, lower field first or progressive, use a progressive or interlaced timeline, export as progressive or interlaced, adjust the field options - it is still there in the preview window and in the final export.

The original footage is 1080i HDV captured as an mt2s via Cineform Neoscene. I have used this same workflow on many other projects in CS6 and not had any issues. The original footage does not display the same artifacts. It also appears fine when played in Premiere CS5.5.

I am editing in Premiere Pro CS6 (6.0.1) on an HDV 1080i preset timeline.

Anybody had this same problem or know of a possible solution? At the moment I am loading all the clips into Premiere Pro CS5.5 and exporting them as de-interlaced progressive clips, but this method is going to take a lot of work (a separate timeline for every clip that needs to be exported, plus lots of re-linking media).
John Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: Can't get rid of interlacing in Premiere CS6?

Capture again. I found that Cineform sometimes is not always flawless.
mt2s should read m2t. Its mpeg and not avchd.
Why capture with Cineform, Premiere CS5.5 and 6 have both scene detection (if that is what you are after)
Also if editing in CS6 upgrade to 6.0.3.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 06:39 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: Can't get rid of interlacing in Premiere CS6?

Thanks for the reply Ann.

I solved the problem by exporting the clips from a 1080i timeline in CS5.5, which was able to play the clips exactly as they should be.

I capture with Cineform because in my experience Premiere often has a lot of trouble recognising a firewire device. Often it takes several restarts (per tape) before Premiere sees the device and starts capturing. I've had this problem since way back on CS3 and on several different machines so have given up on capturing anything with Premiere.

I have updated one of my systems to version 6.0.3, but reverted back to 6.0.1 after all the Adobe file recognition got messed up. Clicking on a .pproj file would open Adobe Reader, and Windows would not allow me to change the default program to Premiere Pro. Same problem with .psd files which would open up Fireworks. Encore also began having serious problems, and not once was I able to author a DVD in 6.0.3 - it would always lock up and crash at some point. I re-installed Premiere and then tried to re-update to 6.0.3, and the same problems occured. So now I'm back to 6.0.1 and don't dare to install 6.0.3 on my main workstation.
John Wiley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite