Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 20 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old April 1st, 2004, 04:24 AM   #286
RED Code Chef

Any chance you are converting between 48 khz and 44.1 for
example? Which version of Premiere are you using?

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:28 AM   #287
Major Player

Yeah, finally one day I noticed that a "Title" option had appeared in the menu bar (next to "Help"), which led me to realize that the "File" funtions like "Save As" worked as well (Which was great, because my copy of 6.5 defaults all title saves to my Capture folder). It isn't very intuitive because titling opens up in a new window, just like Motion, Transperancy, and other options.

Ed -- I skipped Premiere 6 (I went from 5.1 to 6.5), but I'm thinking that 6.5's titling engine was different from 6's? I have absolutely no proof of this, except the old chestnut, "I think I read it in a review when 6.5 was released." I could be thinking of a different app altogether...
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:41 AM   #288
Wrangler

Hi John, Yes the titling function was different in 6 it was version 6.5 that saw major improvements to the titling engine, thats why I wondered whether they had done the same way back then - It seemed to be a pain trying to save titles if I remember ?-)

Any how thanks for the tip.

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 1st, 2004, 12:14 PM   #289
Major Player

Using premiere pro, i select the 48khz template, but seens like i am capturing in 41khz, i will check on that.

Also, the problem seens mainly when importing songs in mp3 to my proyects.
Old April 1st, 2004, 09:37 PM   #290
Regular Crew

Premiere 6.0 MPEG export error code.

I finally got my DV500 card working with my computer, used to have very jerky avi playback (AVI Problem in Windows XP), moving the card to a non-IRQ sharing slot fixed it. Now I'm trying to export in MPEG2 and it's giving me a System Could Not Be Initialized error. When I hit OK, it says File Or Path Not Found, but the file path it shows below the error message does exist.

Anybody seen this problem before? I'm running the bundled Premiere 6.0 with the 6.0.1 patch.

Thanks,
Jeff K
Old April 2nd, 2004, 02:47 AM   #291
Wrangler

Hi Jeff,

Glad to hear you managed to sort out your jerky playback problem, with out having to spend money on a new motherboard etc.

Can you please give us a bit more information?

What option are you using to export MPEG2?

Does the error happen as its about to do the export, or just before its finishing?

What MPEG2 settings are you using?

Thanks,

Ed

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old April 2nd, 2004, 03:11 AM   #292
RED Code Chef

41khz? DV is 48 khz so that shouldn't be an issue. It might be
better to decode the MP3's to WAV first (decode them to 48 khz
since that is what your project is using) so that it all matches
perfectly. MP3's are 44.1 khz (mostly).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old April 2nd, 2004, 05:42 AM   #293
Regular Crew

Beginner's mistake: I didn't know to load the Pinnacle DVD settings from the Export Movie settings window, I thought I only had to set up the various general/video/audio, etc options. After I figured that out from a similar thread it started recording fine, but I haven't had a chance to check the results (stupid day job <G>). So hopefully this is solved....but I may be back.

Thanks,
Jeff

p.s. I'm glad I didn't have to change the motherboard, too. ABS wasn't budging on not replacing the wrong one they sent me since they claim I ordered it.
Old April 2nd, 2004, 03:29 PM   #294
Regular Crew

Well, I'm back. I listened to the wave file that Premiere created with the mp2 file, and some of the mixed in audio clips are really quiet. Also, the added in bits that I timed to match it are off time a little now. Actually, I've seen that happen after closing the project and coming back to it.

So anyone dealt with audio timing issues within Premiere and/or losses of selected audio byte levels after mpeg export?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:06 AM   #295
Wrangler

Hi Jeff,

Never come across that sort of problem before.

Does it play Ok from the timeline?

You can export just audio as a WAV file on its own. Select your work area and choose export audio from the export movie option. Make sure the settings are set to 48000KHz and you are exporting a PCM wav file. Give it a name, and place and then export it.

I'm guessing that the audio and vidio were not multiplexed? i.e. you got 2 files, 1 audio and 1 video. So in order to see whether they are in sync you will have to import them into your authoring package.

What DVD authoring package are you using?

Hope this helps,

Ed

Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:10 AM   #296
Major Player

Photoshop Plug-ins in Premiere

All,

Is there any way to use a Photoshop plug-in in premiere? I saw reference to that here once, but I don't think the full instructions were there....

I would love to be able to use things like smart blur and defuse glow for video... any way to make that happen?

Thanks in advance.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:17 AM   #297
Contributor

I used to do that when I used Premiere 5 (Mac) and discovered that Adobe had done something to PS plugs that wouldn't let me use them in Premiere. So I had to copy the plug's from a prevous version of Photoshop and then they worked. That was a long time ago and before OSX so it might be different now.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:35 AM   #298
Major Player

hmmmm... I believe.... maybe I should dig up an old version of photoshop?

Are the plug-ins cross-platform? I am on PC....

Thanks
Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:03 PM   #299
Contributor

> Are the plug-ins cross-platform? I am on PC....

I think not. However, this limitation I experienced might not exist on the PC. Try figuring out where Photoshop and Premiere store the plug-ins and then move the PS plugs to where Premiere expects it's own. Be carefull not to overwrite any of Premiere's plugs, some may have the same name. Late versions of Adobe programs support subfolders in the plug-in folders, perhaps on the PC it's also supported so you can try just copying all PS plugs into a subfolder and seeing if they show up inside Premiere's list. Hope this helps.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 01:12 PM   #300
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Ignacio Rodriguez : Try figuring out where Photoshop and Premiere store the plug-ins -->>>

This one's easy (at least in the PC versions of Pshop and Premiere that I've owned) -- they store them in a folder named "Plug-ins" (C drive -> Program Files -> Adobe -> *App of Your Choice* -> Plug-ins)

I've tried putting P-Shop plugins into After Effects before with little luck. Some of the plugs AE simply wouldn't recognize; others appeared under "Effects" but trying to use them caused AE to crash. No permanent damage done, though. I think only one P-Shop plug-in -- Dust and Scratches, perhaps -- worked in After Effects.

Usually, the Plug-ins folder will also recognize any subfolders containing plugs as well -- so feel free to do some trial and error, creating a "Pshop-ins" subfolder in Premiere's Plug-ins folder and dropping PS plugs into it. Restart Premiere and see what happens. I doubt that many (if any) will work, but give it the old college try...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite