Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 30 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old May 4th, 2004, 03:00 PM   #436
Regular Crew

It seems as though everyone pretty well covered the bases here, and I just wanted to throw in some words of encouragement. I too went from Pinnacle software over to Adobe Premiere about a year ago. I admit when I first tried Premiere I thought the interface was terrible and went back to Pinnacle right away. As I played around with Premiere more, I got more comfortable with it and began to use it 100% of the time. Just for fun, I reinstalled my old Pinnacle software, and that seems foreign to me now, you really how terrific Premiere really is until you drop back to the old editing software!!

I think that books and guides are a great learning tool, but what you may want to do is read up on some basics, and play around with test footage on your own. Everyone learns in their own way, I find that it helped me more to do my own thing to figure stuff out rather than read the book and do step-by-step sorts of operations. Of course, I don't use much of the finer capabilities of Premiere, and I'm now looking into some reading material for the specifics. Good luck!
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:32 AM   #437
New Boot

Sorry to bring back an old post, but I think I have the same problem as described above?

http://photos.aushobby.com/camera_prob.jpg

Have a look at the red in the right hand corner.

Is a screen capture of the problems I am having. Is this the same thing?

Thanks
Old May 5th, 2004, 11:20 AM   #438
New Boot

Transition

http://www.petrovideo.com/images/eyetest.wmv

Does anybody know if there is a transition for adobe premier to achieve that blurred effect?
Old May 5th, 2004, 08:24 PM   #439
New Boot

Applying Video Effects

I have tried to apply video effects to my clips in the timeline with no success(I'm using Premiere 6). I drag and drop it on the clip and it opens up the relevant window to control the effect, so I alter the brightness(example) and I can see the effect working on the clip(still image). But when I go to play it in the monitor window it just plays normally with no effect. I have read the manual and can't see what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help?

Thanks

jon
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:07 PM   #440
Major Player

Are you rendering the video? Before viewing the timeline, go to "Timeline" -> "Render Work Area" (at least, that's the way it's set up in 6.5). In mast cases, you will not see the effect take effect until you render.
Old May 6th, 2004, 02:45 AM   #441
Wrangler

Is there a red cross at the top corner of your preview monitor? Can you see your effect via Preview scrub (Alt while dragging the editline)?

As John has already mentioned it'll probably need to be rendered. Shortcut key for this is normally Return.

Cheers,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 6th, 2004, 10:35 AM   #442
Trustee

I don't know about a transition, but a gaussian blur effect through a track matte would be simple enough. Although a very slight fish-eye lens would make it even more interesting.
Old May 6th, 2004, 11:19 PM   #443
Major Player

PPro Timeline Blinks out

Whenever I seem to dbl-click (a clip or just about anything) in Premiere Pro the timeline and monitor windows disappear and I have just the blank background page. I can move the cursor down and eventually click and scroll and a slice of the timeline or monitor windows will reveal themselves, but only a slice as I move vertically. I have to close the app and reopen to get my windows back. (Calling up a custom workspace doesn't do the trick.) This has happened on both a RTX100 and a software only system. Any ideas as to why and how to avoid?
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:09 AM   #444
New Boot

Thanks Steven.
Old May 7th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #445
Regular Crew

It sounds like what you have is called a redraw issue. I think it is tied to system performance. What type of machine is it running on?
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:37 AM   #446
Wrangler

Also can you list your screen resolution and colour depth. Might have something to do with it?

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:08 PM   #447
Major Player

This has happened on two different computer systems, with different display cards and monitors. And it has happened only in Premiere Pro. I gather this isn't some sort of common bug???
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:24 PM   #448
Major Player

Oh, and one system uses an Nvida card, another a Matrox 400. I'm not there now, so I don't know the resolutions or color depths are exactly, except the owner of the RTX100 set it to whatever Matrox asked it to be set to. And they're both fast boxes, AMD 3200+ and I believe the other one is a 64 bit Opteron. I really think this is some sort of software issue (or extremely weird option!!!!)
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:01 PM   #449
Major Player

So, if I reinstall, will I loose the Projects I have been working on in the Projects folder? I guess I should move those to another part of the drive, heh?

Thanks for your help. Most of my questions about Premiere get answered here without posting a thing.

Great site.
Old May 8th, 2004, 09:10 AM   #450
Regular Crew

Which transition is this?

Which transition was used on the title of this video?
It appears to be some kind of blur transition. Does PPro have a similar transition?

Thanks!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite