Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2004 - Page 33 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Closed Thread

Old May 19th, 2004, 04:33 PM   #481
RED Code Chef

Otherwise try the demo of TMPGEnc to encode it to AVI.

You are copying the file first to harddisk before opening right?
Make sure the file is *not* read-only (properties).

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:45 PM   #482
Major Player

Good news! Multicam will release support for Premiere Pro 1.5!

I don't know how many of you are familar with the United Media Multicam software, but it easily allows you to do a "live mix" of up to four camera sources in Premiere.

They still up to this point have not supported Premiere Pro, and so I emailed them about when they will be supporting it. This was the reply I got back:

Quote:
Hi Scott,
Thanks for visiting our website and for your interest in United Media's Multicam software. Multicam is awsome for editing 2-4 camera sources. It will save you hours and hours in post-production time. We allow the ability to play, edit, scub and view between 4-camera sources at one time in REALTIME. You will love it! We will be releasing support for PPro within the next 2-3 weeks tops. This will support PPro 1.5. If you purchase Multicam today you will receive the upgrade for FREE. Please let us know if you need further assistance or if you wish to purchase your copyof Multicam today.
Thanks,
Leslie Brath
United Media, Inc.
(714) 777-4510 ext. 110
The only downside to this software is the price! It costs $600 for the 4 camera version!!
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:40 PM   #483
Major Player

Thanks Rob. I copied to harddisk before opening on Avid, but I don't think we did that on the Premiere machine. We'll try that and check out the properties...and download the program you suggest. Thanks again,

peter
Old May 19th, 2004, 09:10 PM   #484
Regular Crew

Keyframes in 6.5

I've finally figured out the general concept behind keyframes and they are quite entertaining and useful. However, there appears to be this wierd construct in 6.5 that restricts keyframing to tracks above 1.

Ok, so I can put the clip in track 2 and twiddle.... But what if I want to do a transform?

What's the deal here? I'm certainly missing something rather obvious as usual. I however,

<rant>
won't whine too long ABOUT THE TERRIBLE DOCUMENTATION THAT COMES WITH THE PROGRAM....
</rant>

I'll just ask for help.
Old May 20th, 2004, 07:34 AM   #485
Regular Crew

P3 1Ghz 320 Ramfor PremPro

Would i be able to run Premiere Pro on this, or would i be best running 6.5 and color correcting in after effects?
Old May 20th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #486
New Boot

Has anyone had hands-on experience with the new version yet? I am trying to decide if the upgrade cost warrants upgrade. Feature lists look good but I would love to hear about real world experience. I have been fighting a little bit with Premier Pro 1.0 and Encore with some DVD authoring and titling features and I am hoping to hear this version is stable.

Jeff
Old May 20th, 2004, 02:22 PM   #487
Regular Crew

Exporting a 16:9 video clip

I want to export a 16:9 video clip with the black bars on top and bottom but it never works. I'm using Adobe Premiere pro and 6.0 and I can't get it with either any help would be cool. Oh by the way I don't care if it's quicktime or Window media video just as long as the bars show up.
Old May 20th, 2004, 02:49 PM   #488
Wrangler

hi Roger,

You should be able to apply effects with keyframe to any clip on any track in an Adobe timeline, whether it be in track 1a, 1b or 2. Or any other tracks you wish to have. You can not do any opacity changes in tracks 1a or 1b. If you wish to fade up or fade down then you can use the dissolve transition.

Can you please be a bit more descriptive about "twiddling". Please tell us how you are applying keyframes and effects at the moment.

Cheers,

Ed

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 20th, 2004, 02:55 PM   #489
Wrangler

Brendan,

Please look at Adobes web site:

http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere/systemreqs.html

Although your system fits into the minimum spec, you will probably find it sluggish, and most things will take longer to do. Most people seem to have good results running it on a P4 2.4GHz with 1GB RAM.

If you do a search you'll find more results on this sort of subject.
Heres 1 such thread that might interest you:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=22277

Hope this helps,

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:04 PM   #490
Major Player

You should be right mate
Old May 21st, 2004, 05:58 PM   #491
Major Player

I got my copy of Adobe Premiere 1.5 today and installed it.

It was a breeze. Everything seems a bit faster and the program seems to run like its bulletproof.

So far so good. I have also used the 24p features and it's great (I have the DVX100).

Adobe also threw in some nice little bonuses (extra filters, plugins, etc).

Good so far!
Old May 21st, 2004, 07:27 PM   #492
Trustee

You might find it interesting to check the "Plugin Loading.log" and see how many of the Adobe After Effects 6.5 effects get loaded in Premiere Pro 1.5 once you have the new After Effects.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 01:18 PM   #493
Wrangler

Kyle,

We are probably going to need more information.

If I understand your messge correctly, you shot in 16x9 (squished) and you want to convert this footage into 4:3 so your 16x9 footage is kept in the same aspect ratio but with black bars top and bottom?

The way that I have done it in 6 and 6.5 was to capture in with the 16x9 template. Then start a new project 4x3. Import in the footage you captured 16x9 into the 4x3 project. Drag clips into timeline, right click and choose video options, then click on maintain aspect ratio. When rendered you should have black bars top and bottom. Export movie in 4x3 using QT or WMV.

I hope thats what you mean?

Old May 23rd, 2004, 05:49 PM   #494
Major Player

Well, I just ordered Premiere Pro 1.5 with Express Shipping. Hopefully it will be here by Wednesday. I'll let you know what I think when it comes in.

The one thing I think Premiere has been lacking for a while is some multiple camera editing functions. For $700 software it sure is falling behind! And I shouldn't have to go out and buy another $600 plugin (Multicam) to get it. Unfortunately it doesn't look like Adobe put any new multiple camera features into Premiere 1.5. What do you guys do for multiple cameras in Premiere?

Thanks.
Old May 23rd, 2004, 06:56 PM   #495
Regular Crew

oh that's exactly what I wanted, I have captured them in 16:9 and tried exporting them in 4:3 but it never worked I will try capturing in 16:9 then switching to a 4:3 project and importing them hopefully that works thanks.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite