Believe it or not, I'm having issues... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 17th, 2006, 07:35 AM   #1
Capt. Quirk

Believe it or not, I'm having issues...

I took my wife's pics and my footage from our Disney vacation, and threw some of it on a DVD. It came out ok, and my wife wanted to send a few out to family. I figured if anyone outside our little circle was going to watch it, I'd better tweak and polish it some. So, I add a few more pics, adjust the color correction a bit, add music and titles, smooth out the transitions, then burn and print the label on the disks.

I finished late last night, and as we are on the way to bed, I decide to throw one in and check it out. No audio.

Any ideas what happened? It was shot and edited in 720P, and I'm also not happy with the way it looks on 4:3. Can I get Premiere to show 4:3 safe zones as well as 16:9?
Old July 17th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I think you have to be sure the include audio box is checked when you render the video. I think that should be automatic, but when I've used PP 2.0 before, I've forgot to check it and had the same result.
Old July 17th, 2006, 10:13 AM   #3
Capt. Quirk

I thought about that too, and it was checked. All the audio plays fine in the timeline, and on the previous DVD too. Since I was happy with the results of that DVD, I left the settings the same.
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:33 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Keith, this isn't really an answer to your problem, and maybe it has nothing to do with it, but I want to say it anyway:
A friend of mine, and a friend of his too, tried to burn a dvd from their little movie, and both got really distorted audio. When they lowered it with 1db in the project, it came out fine.
Just wanted to say, maybe it seems, Premiere sometimes has problems with the audio when it burns a project to dvd.
(I never had problems, but I use Adobe Encore)
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2006, 05:43 AM   #5
Capt. Quirk

Hey Mathiew, I spent the majority of my nut on hardware and equipment, so I got cheap and just got Premiere at the end. I couldn't see spending money on stuff I wasn't going to use. That said, once I figured out the settings, I was pleased with the initial quality. That means the first DVDs I burned worked. It took a couple hours to encode, but burned quick.

Of course, the last DVDs looked pretty good too, but they weren't "talkies". I did have some freakish audio anomolies with this project, from one clip looping the same 2 seconds, and a mysterious car horn appearing at the end of a wav file, but only when it was in the timeline.

What you got to offer me, as far as showing 4:3 safe zones in a 16:9 project? I eyeballed things, and it looked good on my widescreen, but when I put it on the family set, titles and pics really got cropped badly.
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #6
Trustee

Keith:

This may or may not be pertinent but I will mention it anyway in hopes that it helps. Apparently, Premiere 2.0 has an MPEG encoder problem when burning DVDs from the timeline. The software will allow you to burn a 24p project no problem, but the sound only burns as if you were making a 30i project. Here is a link to the heated discussions...

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bbf0833/6
Old July 18th, 2006, 10:40 AM   #7
Capt. Quirk

If it were a matter of audio drift, that would be a different issue. I'm going from 30P to 30P. My issue is, the first DVD I burned, worked fine. I only tweaked the clips by trimming, adding titles, and adding transitions. All the settings are the same, which is why I'm so confused. Ok... some say I've always been confused. I'm just wanting to focus on this issue, and save the rest for therapy ;)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite