Premiere 2.0 hdv capture problem - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 14th, 2006, 02:55 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
As work arround until you get it figured out, why not log capture short clips.. Are you losing any HDV or long clips only ?
Its funny that you mention that. I have just started capturing 15 minute clips and it works great. Its just when I go beyond 30 minutes where I have problems.

I guess I am just trying to get everything sorted out the way it should be but since my schedule is so tight I am going to have to capture everything in small clips. My b-day is this saturday and it looks like I will be spending it editing instead of having fun.
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #17
Major Player

double post...
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #18
Major Player

Interesting...

I have found that I can easily capture large clips if I don't include the very last section of the tape which in most cases is blank. I think premiere is just getting screwed up when it's capturing hdv material and hits the blank end of the tape. I have been getting around it by setting the out point tc so that it never hits the end. I can't believe all the crap I have been though because of this issue! I never thought it would be this difficult. It does the same thing on my other computer as well. Who knows, it could just be something my camera is doing that was over looked. I am really itching to get a hold of a mac and seeing how it handles this kind of work.

I am not sure what caused this but if anyone else has this problem you might want to try what I described above.
Jonathan Nelson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite