Transfering MD audio to Computer problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 26th, 2006, 02:54 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Transfering MD audio to Computer problem

Hey Guys,
I recently just recorded some audio files to a Sony MZ-N10 Md recorder, but when I try to transfer the audio files out of the MD to the computer it says that I don't have hte orignal files on my computer. How do you transfer MD files onto the computer?
Old March 26th, 2006, 05:26 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I do tranfer audio from MD (MZ-R70) to the PC but it is an old one(MD) and does have USB connection neither records in WAV_mp3. So the tranfer is made via analog-out MD to line-in of PC or with another desktop MD I have, connected via optical or coaxial to the sound card.
Then I follow the recording procedure to get the audio in the PC. I guess you could do the same as an alternative but maybe someone can help you out with it. But give more specs of your set up: is your MD recognized as Windows device, can you transfer files manually files through windows explorer or it demands some other software to do it?
Vasilis Stamkopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Chua
Hey Guys,
I recently just recorded some audio files to a Sony MZ-N10 Md recorder, but when I try to transfer the audio files out of the MD to the computer it says that I don't have hte orignal files on my computer. How do you transfer MD files onto the computer?
I haven't used a mini disc so I may be totally off here but I recall reading that a new version of the Sound Stage software that eases up on some of the file transfer restrictions a little.
Old March 26th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #4
Inner Circle

the best transfer is to use the optical connection if you have one.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio