4:4:4 12-bit Uncompressed DVX100 - Page 80 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Closed Thread

Old October 11th, 2004, 12:31 PM   #1186
Regular Crew

I'm sure he would tell us if he was.
Juan, could you give us a time frame though, I'm sure we are all very eager.

stephen birdsong
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:03 PM   #1187
Regular Crew

Anybody figure out how to do the pixel shift, yet?
Old October 23rd, 2004, 12:55 PM   #1188
New Boot

GREAT THREAD...JUST FOUND IT. and have a lot to catch up. Anyone knows what stage is the project in?? Is Juan already getting video out etc.??

Sorry for getting here so late. I just saw the uncompressed psd he posted and it looks great. Awesome job Juan.

Michal
Old October 26th, 2004, 10:30 PM   #1189
Major Player

Hmmm
It's been over 3 weeks since Juan's last post.

Juan, if you have any sort of update, let us know when you get a chance. Thanks, and keep up the good work.

-Luis
Old October 28th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #1190
Regular Crew

Is this project really over 9 months old? It seems like a really awesome idea. I just wish we had some more details.
Old October 29th, 2004, 12:16 PM   #1191
Regular Crew

looks like "they" finally got him.

R.I.P.
Juan

stephen
Old October 31st, 2004, 09:43 AM   #1192
Regular Crew

where are you, Juan?!!!!!!!
Old October 31st, 2004, 06:47 PM   #1193
Major Player

I'm here i'm here :)

So, the website is still pretty plain but we have added a Forum for beta testers and questions in general. I'm finishing up the FAQ, and it the website will be posted this week, finished or not.

I figured this thread has gotten large enough as is, so a message board might be a good idea.

We're pretty much done with all the formalities that we had to take care of, the only thing we are missing is that we still need a DVX! So if any of you are looking to sell your DVX(not A is fine), let me know. I can't seem to find anything on ebay besides the retailers. Banged up is fine, as long as the electronics work.

We figured the best way to start was to have a couple of Beta testers to try the device out in the real world and let us know your suggestions or if anything doesn't work quite right. There is no software on the device per-se, so it doesn't crash, etc, but proffessionals might want some features implemented differently.

Juan
Old November 2nd, 2004, 02:11 AM   #1194
Tourist

Can't wait to see the website Juan!! I'm really excited :D
Old November 2nd, 2004, 10:22 AM   #1195
Regular Crew

Juan, did you figure out the pixel shift thing yet?
Old November 3rd, 2004, 05:56 PM   #1196
Trustee

Juan what is the site address?

also I would be a very happy beta tester..I am a professional
Old November 4th, 2004, 01:13 AM   #1197
Tourist

I'm a new kid on the block around here but, Juan (and fellow posters), what an awesome thing you've got brewing here!

I'm a visual effects artist and independent filmmaker in Burbank, California. Juan (et al), I'd love to try this modification of the DVX100 with respect to shooting greenscreen actors and elements.

Also, I'm shooting a short film using this camera right now (we'll actually be shooting some scenes in Indianapolis) and would like to see if this technology might be able to be implemented in a feature I'm currently writing and hoping to go into production summer 2005.

I've seen a spectacular 35mm blow-up from a few tests done with this camera by a Los Angeles-based post-house using their own "special sauce" proprietary scaling algorithm. I think they might be interested in seeing some tests with this modification. I would be happy to look into this possibility.

(www.imdb.com)
Old November 6th, 2004, 02:23 PM   #1198
Major Player

Website is up

An initial version of the website has been posted with basic information. We will be adding the rest of the content and correcting any errors over the next week or so. Please feel free to email with any questions or mistakes you find.

We figured it would be best to get input from everyone as we add the rest of the content, such as the FAQ's. I know there are tons of questions i've heard over and over again, so be sure to point out anything you want covered.

There is also a forum, which is intended to (hopefully) take some of the weight off this thread which has been going on for quite some time now, and is hard to navigate.

http://www.reel-stream.com

Cheers,
Juan
Old November 6th, 2004, 06:07 PM   #1199
Regular Crew

Hi Juan,

The site looks good. The pricing and whatever wait time is involved is going to make or break this project, so hopefully you will figure that out soon and let everyone know.

Good luck!

Joel
Old November 6th, 2004, 11:11 PM   #1200
Regular Crew

Looking great Juan. As soon as I get my DVX I'll be looking into your service.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods