35mm adapter parts list - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 15th, 2005, 01:01 AM   #76
Major Player

Interesting! Let us know if the c-mount to tube thing works. I'd be very interested in finding this out.

I guess I'll have to go order a +10 as well then :D
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2005, 05:47 PM   #77
Regular Crew

Success! With mounting the C-mount adapter to the step-up ring at least. Here's what I did:

1. Buy #2 diameter machine screws. I think I got them 3/8" long which was way plenty.

2. Drill 3 holes in the 52mm to 58mm step-up ring using a 3/32" bit.

3. Insert the screws, assemble C-mount and ring and adjust screws as needed. The screws ended up pushing the C-mount and ring apart just a bit, but it appears to be uniform all the way around so I'm not worried at the moment. I can always redrill the holes to get them more on-center and away from the slanted lip on the c-mount.

I may have to redo a couple of holes as I was a bit off-center and they might break through one side. But that's not a big deal.

Also, I bought some nuts to go with the machine screws. If they prove to come loose over time (since they basically threaded themselves as I put them in), I'll JB Welb the nuts on top of the holes to act as the threads.

It ain't pretty, but it seems to work okay. Hard to know for sure until my macro lens comes in and I can test it on the camera.

Fox
Jason Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2005, 10:06 AM   #78
Major Player

to fred finn

fred,

i can not go to your mentioned before page:

http://hazardousproductions.com/films/chron_frd.mov

is this moved somewhere or what?

thank you,

filip
Filip Kovcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:18 AM   #79
Regular Crew

35mm adapter parts for sale

Hey, hey kids. After building this adapter I've discovered that using it with a DVX100a is not the best idea due to its 72mm lens (it requires 2 +10 diopters), so I'm going to go a different route for mini35 stuff. My loss is, hopefully, your gain.

I have for sale:

- The ThorLabs 52mm tube with 3 retaining rings - $45 ($58 retail)
- The OptoSigma 50mm GG and 50mm PCLX lenses - $45 ($56 retail)
- 55mm - 52mm step-down ring - $3 ($6.95 retail)
- 52mm - 58mm step-up ring - $4 (7.95 retail)
- C-mount adapter for Canon FD lenses - $25 ($36.95 retail) (This has been drilled into and mounted onto the 52-58 step-up ring with set screws. Can still work by itself at a c-mount.)

I also have a set of +1, +2 and +4 Hoya 55mm macros if anyone is interested for $30.

I can post pix tonight or tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Fox
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:23 AM   #80
Major Player

Jason I may be interested in the lens tube and retaining rings. I'll send you an email when I get some free time today.

BTW, what alternate route are you going?
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 11:25 AM   #81
Regular Crew

I think I'm going to get Redrock's kit when they become available.
Old January 24th, 2005, 02:10 PM   #82
Regular Crew

Jason,

I also have a DVX100a, and am trying to figure out the best approach, so I have a couple of questions as to what didn't work for you with this setup.

1) What's wrong with using 2 +10 diopters?

2) What size of a target were you focusing on?

Justin
Justin Burris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 07:07 PM   #83
Regular Crew

Justin,

Don't know if anything is necessarily wrong with using 2 +10s, but good-quality ones are around $90, and those are for 55mm Hoyas. 72mm ones are very, very expensive. I think the Hoyas work, but cause a bit of distortion at the edges when using a DVX. I was focusing on a 50mm GG.
Old January 25th, 2005, 04:03 AM   #84

Okay, getting caught up here . . .

Am I to understand you guys have made a 35mm adapter with equal performance to that other professional one for the xl-1 for approximately 150 to 500 bucks?

Someone please verify

Thanks.
Laurence Maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2005, 06:58 AM   #85
Inner Circle

Laurence.

Have a look for starters at "www.dvinfo.net/media/hart" and "www.dvinfo.net/media/mellor" and Jim Lafferty's site which I think is "www.diaspora.net" with some more address added on the end and you be the judge.

Sorry these aren't links. Somebody tried to teach me that href thing but I have forgotten it now and lost my notes.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #86
Major Player

I'm a new poster to alternative imagine methods, but I've been following all these 35mm adapter threads and I just finished testing an adapter I made for GL-2 and canon FD lenses and it works great. It's based on info from http://ideaspora.net/oldskool/ but I made it modular with standard 1.5" PVC screw threads so I can easily make new connectors for other lenses or for other dv cameras using the same main housing for GG and condenser lens. Anyway, it all definitely cost me under $100. Maybe later ill have a chance to post samples and details if anyone wants them.
Noah Yuan-Vogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 09:12 AM   #87
Regular Crew

Re: 35mm adapter parts for sale

I'm still trying to sell this stuff. Surely someone more into experimenting than I am (absolutely no time for the next 2 months or more) would like something. Anything. Email direct as email notification seems to be sketchy.

Jason
jfox@jasonfox.net

<<<-- Originally posted by Jason Fox : Hey, hey kids. After building this adapter I've discovered that using it with a DVX100a is not the best idea due to its 72mm lens (it requires 2 +10 diopters), so I'm going to go a different route for mini35 stuff. My loss is, hopefully, your gain.

I have for sale:

- The ThorLabs 52mm tube with 3 retaining rings - $45 ($58 retail)
- The OptoSigma 50mm GG and 50mm PCLX lenses - $45 ($56 retail)
- 55mm - 52mm step-down ring - $3 ($6.95 retail)
- 52mm - 58mm step-up ring - $4 (7.95 retail)
- C-mount adapter for Canon FD lenses - $25 ($36.95 retail) (This has been drilled into and mounted onto the 52-58 step-up ring with set screws. Can still work by itself at a c-mount.)

I also have a set of +1, +2 and +4 Hoya 55mm macros if anyone is interested for $30.

I can post pix tonight or tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Fox -->>>
Old February 1st, 2005, 07:14 AM   #88
Regular Crew

Agnus under few bugs

On saturday I have built my version of Agnus35. I used 35mm lens from ZENIT camera, scratched CD and magnificant glass. I noticed some light loosing and color problems. Its because of GG as CD and Mglass. Im going to use next 35mm lens in reversed order, so I put out the Mglass and color problems. Instead of CD I let create glass CD with GG surface.

This is the shot from my first try :

http://web.datriware.com/gfx_photos/articles/p833.jpg

For get this worked I did not spend any money ! I just used what I had at home near my hands :)

Special GG CD will cost me about $5...

At the beginning there was an idea, then the ambition came and the idea became to be a dream... The Satisfied Dream => http://film.datriware.com
Daves Spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:12 PM   #89
Major Player

jason.....this thread should be changed into 'wallmarting on dvinfo; .

you business man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2005, 04:12 PM   #90
Major Player

jason.....this thread should be changed into 'wallmarting on dvinfo; .

you business man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jose di Cani is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods