Anyone want to buy some microwax? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:20 PM   #16
Regular Crew

free boxes..

mathew....

if you use priority mail the boxes are free...

you can go to the post office and get the boxes, or if you need a lot of them you can go to their web site and have them delivered to your doorstep for free....

if you do the postage online then deliv confirmation was free thru paypal last time i checked....
Sarena Valilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:52 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I'm interested in buying some. Please PM me or email me at jephang@gmail.com with total price, including shipping.

Thanks -- Jeff
Jeff Phang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:23 PM   #18
Major Player

<<<Didn't mean to insult your method--it's definitely the best thing anyone has thought of thus far, but I think it's something you have to get the feel for to make sure it works every time.>>>

That's OK. But every other method will need 'the feel' too, because of the nature of wax and glass. Another professional method, like the Boss guys probably used (they stopped I think, which makes you wonder..) most likely use equipment that most of us can't afford.
But how many would you make if it has to work every time. I only need (have) one. There is a patent on these things, you know...
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:45 PM   #19
Major Player

Make more of them and sell them Oscar. Get a weight of some people's chest here... Since the results only come at the end of a long trial and error period, everyone will understand the price, especially since most results are "just about right" but not quite there...
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 03:03 PM   #20
Major Player

But I'd have to calculate the price of my lawyers too. I'll get Boss screens on my back! Get them off!
Old July 22nd, 2005, 03:24 PM   #21
Major Player

Don't worry about legal matters. This continent has the best lawyers money can buy (;-)<
Old July 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM   #22
Major Player

Here's the latest. I'm going to the post office this afternoon to get an idea of how much this will cost to ship. Here's a picture of the size of a half pound block (actually this is about 9oz, others will be slightly smaller):

http://home.comcast.net/~wauhkies/wax.jpg

It's really pretty big. One problem is that it takes FOREVER to cut. It's REALLY hard. I'm going to have to figure out a better way to cut it.
Matthew Wauhkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 12:07 PM   #23
Major Player

Mathew,
Take a thin wire and have it connected to a car battery charger (or any other 12-24v power supply providing over 3A). The wire gets warm (hot?) and all you have to do is slide the "cheese" and get the samples done clean and in no time flat. Add a A4 paper after the cutting, (so it does not bond back)

Last edited by Dan Diaconu; July 23rd, 2005 at 12:27 PM.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 02:53 PM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Wauhkonen
That is probably the wrong object to place next to the "brick of white substance."
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 03:25 PM   #25
Major Player

It's the secret ingredient. Now people will buy more.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 06:29 PM   #26
Major Player

Matthew,

I have been looking every where for some of this. Would you be able to take a strait money order? I would love to get some ASAP but I don't have a paypal acoount (and will not get one) so I would have to send money. Could you PM me please if this is possible?

Thanks.

Thinking about it, email would be better. BennisHahn@yahoo.com

Last edited by Bennis Hahn; July 23rd, 2005 at 08:04 PM.
Bennis Hahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 05:21 AM   #27
Major Player

Matthew,
Did you manage to get to the post office to find out shipping costs? So you want $9 for the wax plus postage to the UK around 7$?

I can paypal you instantly. Just let me know. Im very egar to get my hands on this.

Thanks again,
Wayne.
Wayne Kinney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2005, 08:15 AM   #28
Major Player

As it turns out, the post office was closed when I got there. Apparently they close early on Saturday.

Anyhow, shipping to the UK looks like about 7 dollars, probably a bit more, but I'll charge less than 9 dollars for the wax. It's worth about a dollar or two, although cutting and wrapping it is a huge pain. Sorry this is going so slowly, I've just been kind of busy.
Old July 24th, 2005, 10:43 AM   #29
Major Player

<<less than 9 dollars for the wax. It's worth about a dollar or two, although cutting and wrapping it is a huge pain.>>

I don't want to sound offensive, because I'm sure the intentions are good, but getting $1,5 worth of wax for +/- $15 is absurd. I'm a sculptor and cut wax and clay all the time, so please don't say it's hard to cut (or read Dan's post). If your local art suppliers or chemical store doesn't have it, ask them to order it.
When I posted on this board that I couldn't find it, two people volunteered to send it only for the shipping costs. That's the spirit on these boards. Later on I found microwax the corner of my own street, so it wasn't necessary.
Old July 24th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #30
Major Player

Fyi

There's a place in L.A. that sells it in 1/4 lb bags, for $1.79.
Bill Porter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods