Canon GL2 + Letus35 + 50mm 1.4 lens - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 20th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #16
Trustee

hahah! ahh Mr. Diaconu, you never cease to amaze. Let me know when you've perfected your ingenious design and have it available.

Ahh this place is so amusing
Old November 20th, 2005, 10:35 PM   #17
Major Player

Just as serious:
I know for fact (from my own experience with MPIC) how difficult and risky it is to have the contraption and the SLR lens unsupported mounted on the thin tread of the camcorder! (Regardless how light everything seems). In all honesty a FF and gear on the lens is a must for professional work/results only, as we all know! But in this case, the Letus support I see it as bravery not to have or use.
The prototype I made is good for all Letus owners. Actually is abut the same as MPIC support (slightly different size and height). To make it available for all is just a matter of taking orders and having the parts CNC-ed. A month? 45 days? or so. The price should be less than $100 (for the Letus on rods mount only) somewhere at $85? (but don't hold me to it OK?)

The rods and the camera/tripod support should be around $125-150 (from me). You could buy that from Cavision (just as well) but I am planning to have it made with some modifications, to address some of the issues I had and solved. As I explained in an earlier post, both camera plate and that raiser on the rods mount, move L/R no matter how tight the screws are.
What that means; you line up the frames (camcorder and GG) and during shooting, they move (not much!!!) just enough so two corners (or sides) of the GG end up in the frame. Fix it in post because most camcorders will not show the whole frame (under scan) Discussed somewhere here.
For what they are meant to do, they are fine OK? But tolerances exist even in CNC mass produced items.

Now, if you are interested, I'll take orders and have them made, ready before the end of the year (I hope). A matter of how many people will show interest.

I do the best I can to help you guys, regardless the humor in my posts.
I do take everything seriously when I work, but communication via this forum is just "practical means" to relax to me.
So.. Master Ben, what can I do you for? (dam ESL)
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 12:32 AM   #18
Major Player

Never mind. Someone just sent me this: http://cavision.com/rods/lenssupport.htm Buy Cavision.
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:42 AM   #19
Old Boot

. .and Cavision are based in Canada - oh dear.. . .

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods