DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   Sony Vegas AVCHD support: May 01-07 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/92497-sony-vegas-avchd-support-may-01-07-a.html)

David Jimerson May 2nd, 2007 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle (Post 671123)
Sony has only announced support for Sony cameras, and after a discussion with various folks, it's because they haven't extensively tested Panasonic media with it. I'm a bit confused, because I have 2 people in very different locations in the world telling me the footage works, and 1 person telling me it doesn't.
Since I don't have the cam itself...can't comment with any authority. Don't be surprised if support for the Panny shows up. Or not.

[edit] I've just learned that a Sony rep has made a public comment about the Panny camcorders and Vegas support, so if he can comment, so can I. :-)
Vegas will support the Panasonic flavor of AVCHD at a later date.

Yeah, but there's more to life than just Sony and Panasonic. Canon's got its ducks seriously in a row right now and are poised to take off like never before. And while it's early to think about incorporating support for it right at this second, Red looks like it's going to be a serious, serious contender.

The beauty of Vegas (well, one of the most major beauties) was always that it would edit anything, anywhere, any time, and that if it didn't, it would shortly. That has been less and less true over the past few years, IMO.

Mark Paschke May 2nd, 2007 09:25 AM

By newbie Im not sure what you mean, in Vegas? Ive been editing with Vegas since its inception. I have used Canopus, Premier Pro,, lets just say everything but Vivid or Final cut. Ive been editing HDV since the day after the JVC JYHD10u hit the market with Cineform in Vegas 4.0.

I have a dedicated theater with a 15' 2.35:1 acoustically transparent screen powered by a Digital Projections Mercury HD. I wont get into the D-Box motion simulators on 12' wide risers since it doesnt pertain to video. I Install Home Theaters in homes and Yachts and shoot extensive Video for all types of events, I have had a crane and dollie for 3 years.

Yes I have demoed all the prosumer HD Cams and was unimpressed until the AVCHD came around, it gets tiring sifting through my 300+ tapes Ive shot and was truly excited about the format for obvious reasons ( direct to post mainly, no long captures)

Blue Ray and HD DVD have been around awhile now and yes I have both with numerous 1080P monitors, the people I shoot for also have the latest greatest. Im not a filmaker by any means but turn away tons of projects because of time restraints and have brought tears of joy to eyes of people I have done productions for. Quite a few people have witnessed my latest "playing around" and showing them the possibilities shot, edited, and shown on Blue Ray via Nero.

Mike Oveson June 8th, 2007 03:02 PM

No offense Mark, but there's really no reason to "show off" to this group. I can't speak for DSE, but from his post I think you are jumping the gun a little bit.

Derek Weiss June 10th, 2007 08:15 AM

A more suitable workflow at present for Pany SD1 users is conversion of AVCHD files in Pinnacle Studio Plus ($100). Not the fastest program, but much better than Nero or Elecard in my opinion. Then you can use those files in Vegas.

It will be nice when Vegas supports Pany AVCHD, then we can just convert to Cineform directly.