DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   AVCHD Format Discussion (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/)
-   -   Sony Vegas AVCHD support: May 01-07 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/avchd-format-discussion/92497-sony-vegas-avchd-support-may-01-07-a.html)

Giovanny Canales April 26th, 2007 03:42 PM

Sony Vegas AVCHD support: May 01-07

Finally:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...ID=662&CatID=0

Luis Zapata April 26th, 2007 10:49 PM

With the elevated prices of Sony's HD camcorders, Sony Vegas 7.0e professional should be given out in the software package!

Douglas Spotted Eagle April 26th, 2007 10:54 PM

Sony's prices aren't any more elevated than anyone else'.
Can you articulate why you feel a 700.00 software application should be included with a $1200.00 camcorder?

Derek Weiss April 27th, 2007 09:45 AM

Yeeeha!

Thanks for the update!

Dave Blackhurst April 27th, 2007 01:47 PM

Now does anyone know if Sony will be adding support for the 24P from a Canon HV20?

DB>)

Mark Paschke April 27th, 2007 03:29 PM

If you own version 6, do you get a price break? I cant remember but it seems After Sonic Foundry sold Vegas, Sony seems to gouge their beloved customers for upgrades. I might be wrong

David Jimerson April 27th, 2007 04:32 PM

I don't think Sony's upgrade prices are any steeper than Sonic Foundry's were.

Douglas Spotted Eagle April 27th, 2007 04:45 PM

Sony's upgrade pricing structure is less than the Sonic Foundry upgrades were, and that's in today's economy as well as the old.
"Gouging" is a pretty harsh term, especially when it's not accurate.

Mark Paschke April 27th, 2007 05:58 PM

I must have them confused because I thought I remembered Sonic Foundry wanting $99 per version and Sony Slamming me for like $250- $300 for " slightly" differing versions. Corel Draw starting way back @ version 2 would charge $99 for major upgrades with years between versions.

Either way, its not like paying $400 for Cineform only to have them sell it for $99 a couple months later without even blowing us early adopters a kiss.

Dont get me wrong Vegas is a fantastic software, the best in my opinion in its price range, but I bet I have well over a thousand invested and I think I recall a super slam between version 4-5 or 3-4 and it seemed Sony had something to do with it

Douglas Spotted Eagle April 27th, 2007 06:18 PM

Version 3 to Version 4 was the most expensive upgrade I can recall, and that was Sonic Foundry. Sony picked up at Version 4c or d, can't recall.
"slightly differing versions" would be a matter of opinion, can't really debate that, as I'd call 4 to 5 a huge diff, 5 to 6 a fairly good diff, and 6 to 7 a big diff. But if you don't use XDCAM or edit HD, you might find 7 a lesser upgrade. 7 offers a free upgrade for Vegas 7 users that need AVCHD, so that's a pretty fair deal, IMO.

Mark Paschke April 27th, 2007 10:04 PM

I agree the free ACHDV is shockingly sweet ( and what I need more than anything in the last 3 versions, with Cineform) Im not sure 5 -7 was worth anything substantial that I recall since their HD Capture was fairly un needed for Cineform users. I have upgraded from 3 up and remembered a really decent upgrade on one version but nothing worth $250 except the ACHDV in the last couple versions. What was it 7 did that 6 didnt again? I remember I passed and unfortunately the ACHDV doesnt work with 6 or I would be set!

David Jimerson April 28th, 2007 07:39 AM

V6 had some significant upgrades over 5 -- nested projects, Secondary Windows Display, and a lot of other subtleties (such as ungrouped audio/video events turning pink) which make life a lot easier.

There have also been significant upgrades to DVD Architect with each version, and DVDA 4 has added functionality which is worth the upgrade by itself.

But if you don't make a lot of DVDs, it might not be worth it to you.

Mark Paschke April 28th, 2007 11:20 AM

Subtleties explains my position, and at $250 a pop it adds up very quick for the same transitions and filters we were using in version 4 which I was working with HDV in. I kept trying Vegas DVD Architect but never used it because TMPGEs filters and such were just so much better, maybe I should give it another look. Does Vegas support Blue Ray and HD DVD like the cheapo Nero and Ulead which NLE's are HORRIBLE but their discs play flawlessly on BR and HD DVD. If not, they need to get with the program while " gouging" me. I do not recall Sonic Foundrys Vegas costing me $700 but I seem to remember Sonys costing this and with $750 in upgrades I dont think support for all media types is too much to ask. Maybe a new transition or Saturation filter would be nice............Just KIDDING, if I remember right v.5 was the one that had the nice upgrade to color saturations and such but their noise filters are almost a joke when using TMPGE in final burn to DVD

Michael Eskin May 1st, 2007 09:31 AM

OK, its May 1... where's the update? :-)

Guy Bruner May 1st, 2007 10:15 AM

Don't bust a gut. It only works on Sony cams.