Sony Vegas AVCHD support: May 01-07 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

AVCHD Format Discussion
Inexpensive High Definition H.264 encoding to DVD, Hard Disc or SD Card.

Old April 26th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #1
New Boot

Sony Vegas AVCHD support: May 01-07

Finally:
http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...ID=662&CatID=0
Giovanny Canales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:49 PM   #2
New Boot

With the elevated prices of Sony's HD camcorders, Sony Vegas 7.0e professional should be given out in the software package!
Luis Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #3

Sony's prices aren't any more elevated than anyone else'.
Can you articulate why you feel a 700.00 software application should be included with a $1200.00 camcorder?
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 09:45 AM   #4
Major Player

Yeeeha!

Thanks for the update!
Derek Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:47 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Now does anyone know if Sony will be adding support for the 24P from a Canon HV20?

DB>)
Dave Blackhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew

If you own version 6, do you get a price break? I cant remember but it seems After Sonic Foundry sold Vegas, Sony seems to gouge their beloved customers for upgrades. I might be wrong
Mark Paschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #7
Jubal 28

I don't think Sony's upgrade prices are any steeper than Sonic Foundry's were.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #8

Sony's upgrade pricing structure is less than the Sonic Foundry upgrades were, and that's in today's economy as well as the old.
"Gouging" is a pretty harsh term, especially when it's not accurate.
Old April 27th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I must have them confused because I thought I remembered Sonic Foundry wanting $99 per version and Sony Slamming me for like $250- $300 for " slightly" differing versions. Corel Draw starting way back @ version 2 would charge $99 for major upgrades with years between versions.

Either way, its not like paying $400 for Cineform only to have them sell it for $99 a couple months later without even blowing us early adopters a kiss.

Dont get me wrong Vegas is a fantastic software, the best in my opinion in its price range, but I bet I have well over a thousand invested and I think I recall a super slam between version 4-5 or 3-4 and it seemed Sony had something to do with it
Old April 27th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #10

Version 3 to Version 4 was the most expensive upgrade I can recall, and that was Sonic Foundry. Sony picked up at Version 4c or d, can't recall.
"slightly differing versions" would be a matter of opinion, can't really debate that, as I'd call 4 to 5 a huge diff, 5 to 6 a fairly good diff, and 6 to 7 a big diff. But if you don't use XDCAM or edit HD, you might find 7 a lesser upgrade. 7 offers a free upgrade for Vegas 7 users that need AVCHD, so that's a pretty fair deal, IMO.
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #11
Regular Crew

I agree the free ACHDV is shockingly sweet ( and what I need more than anything in the last 3 versions, with Cineform) Im not sure 5 -7 was worth anything substantial that I recall since their HD Capture was fairly un needed for Cineform users. I have upgraded from 3 up and remembered a really decent upgrade on one version but nothing worth $250 except the ACHDV in the last couple versions. What was it 7 did that 6 didnt again? I remember I passed and unfortunately the ACHDV doesnt work with 6 or I would be set!
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:39 AM   #12
Jubal 28

V6 had some significant upgrades over 5 -- nested projects, Secondary Windows Display, and a lot of other subtleties (such as ungrouped audio/video events turning pink) which make life a lot easier.

There have also been significant upgrades to DVD Architect with each version, and DVDA 4 has added functionality which is worth the upgrade by itself.

But if you don't make a lot of DVDs, it might not be worth it to you.
David Jimerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2007, 11:20 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Subtleties explains my position, and at $250 a pop it adds up very quick for the same transitions and filters we were using in version 4 which I was working with HDV in. I kept trying Vegas DVD Architect but never used it because TMPGEs filters and such were just so much better, maybe I should give it another look. Does Vegas support Blue Ray and HD DVD like the cheapo Nero and Ulead which NLE's are HORRIBLE but their discs play flawlessly on BR and HD DVD. If not, they need to get with the program while " gouging" me. I do not recall Sonic Foundrys Vegas costing me $700 but I seem to remember Sonys costing this and with $750 in upgrades I dont think support for all media types is too much to ask. Maybe a new transition or Saturation filter would be nice............Just KIDDING, if I remember right v.5 was the one that had the nice upgrade to color saturations and such but their noise filters are almost a joke when using TMPGE in final burn to DVD
Old May 1st, 2007, 09:31 AM   #14
Regular Crew

OK, its May 1... where's the update? :-)
Michael Eskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2007, 10:15 AM   #15
Major Player

Don't bust a gut. It only works on Sony cams.
Guy Bruner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > High Definition Video Acquisition > AVCHD Format Discussion