How do you display window burn in Avid output? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family

Avid Editing Family
All flavors of Media Composer, Symphony and more.

Old September 10th, 2008, 07:02 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How do you display window burn in Avid output?

You guys will have to excuse this question if its super-obvious, but I am a FCP editor who has to make a DVD of output from an Avid timeline with timecode window burn relatiive to the timeline, not the original tape timecode.

How do I do this?

In FCP, there is a filter I simply apply to the timeline and presto. I am hoping there is a similar function in Avid I just haven't seen yet.

Thanks in advance...
Brian Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #2
Inner Circle

In the 'effects' tab is a tab called Illusion FX. In that tab is a Timecode window burn in.

Place the effect on a new track above your timeline, and it will run through the whole timeline. Place it on each segment, and it will only run on that segment. You can set the timecode to start at any number, but it will read at the native code for that project (30fs, 24, 25 etc.)
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2008, 09:36 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Great. Thanks! I figured it was an effect filter somewhere...
Brian Mills is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Avid Editing Family