Movies We Didn't Like. - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Awake In The Dark
What you're watching these days on the Big Screen and the Small Screen.

Old March 19th, 2005, 08:20 AM   #106
Regular Crew

Yeah a review on killer movies said it was great too. I have high hopes now.
Ian Poirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2005, 12:26 PM   #107
Air China Pilot

I don't trust any review on Aint-it-Cool News. That place is a den of slobbering fanboys.
Old March 19th, 2005, 01:38 PM   #108
Regular Crew

Yeah, Killer Movies is kinda similar. Still I hope.

Boy, we kinda hijacked this thread, huh? So abou those movies that we have seen and didn't like...
Old March 22nd, 2005, 12:18 AM   #109
Major Player

The Ring
Lord of the Rings 1&2

And Just about anything M. Night did (except for 6th Sense.)
Glenn Gipson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2005, 07:44 AM   #110
Regular Crew

Totally on board with M Night. One trick wonder movies.

I adore LOTR though. Super geek-fanboy since I was eight, can't help it. My only complaints would where they deviated from the actual books, but I'll digress.

Gladiator: ridiculously over lauded.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:31 PM   #111
Regular Crew

Highlander 2. Only flick I ever walked out on.. Also, how can you not like "Donnie Darko"? I agree with all the discussions on the matrix though, I saw the third film in the theatre, with my old man, (he is still waiting for "roadhouse 2 to come out)we felt at that time that the jury was still out whether we liked it or not. Sure enough, six months later, I borrowed it on DVD from a friend... Needless to say, after watching it a second time I just felt dumber. What a loss....
Jason Pechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2005, 11:14 PM   #112
Major Player

Funny thing about the Matrix - the third one is the only one that Theresa will sit through. She finds the rest of them boring. Go figure.

On Highlander 2 - did you ever see the Renegade cut where the director got some more money ten years later, finished shooting the scenes he'd meant to shoot when the plug was pulled, and re-edited the film to what it had been written to be? It's still not a great film, but it is much, much, much more comprehensible than that thing the money men put into theaters way back when (what was that, 1990?)
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2005, 07:54 AM   #113
Major Player

Recently walked out of "Alexander" and I left some wake turbulence in the theatre. What a waste!
Others I have walked out of:
The World according to Garp (anything with Robin Williams is hard to sit through),
Meet Joe Black
Cape Fear
Mulholland Drive (I should have, but didn't)
Old March 24th, 2005, 09:25 AM   #114
Regular Crew

The first Cape Fear or the remake? ;)

Wow, Mullholland Drive, huh? That's one of my all time favs. I find it to be absolute brilliance and Lynch's best work (with Blue Velvet and excruciatingly close second).

Training Day: that was one huge, completely improbable, contrived disappointment that critics seemed to like for some reason.
Old March 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM   #115
Major Player

Mulholland Drive is one "polemic" movie: there are various boards with 100 or more posts about the subject. People love the film or hate it.
I didn't walk out (it's not that kind of film) and it has great stuff, but in the end I didn't think Lynch had any idea what he was doing, apart from simply confuse the viewer by throwing in random elements, hoping people would consider it Art. Irritatingly arrogant and vain.
But as I said before: some great scenes (and acting).
Old March 24th, 2005, 04:16 PM   #116
Regular Crew

I like films that don't answer every question they raise. I loved the commentaries on identity and personally viewed reality. I think if you ever knew what if any element was not a dream or what version of each person was "real" the movie would have failed. Each of are constantly creating identities that other people don't see based on fantasies and what if's. Every person carries a their own reality in their mind. Sorry, waxing philisophical and diverting the thread a bit here. The movie is absolutely gorgeous from a cinematography viewpoint. That much I think anyone would agree on. Like you said, this discussion has been had too many times before.

So, back to flaming movies we don't like!
Ian Poirier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Awake In The Dark