550 as B-cam? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old May 12th, 2010, 03:49 PM   #16
Major Player

I would be more eager to use my 550D (PAL) more often if I could execute even the slowest pan with it. As soon as you move the camera, even on a heavy fluid tripod, the jitters set in. It is impossible to pan the camera, even very slowly without ending up with an unusable shot. If I change the video system to NTSC the jitters completly dissapear? what have Canon done with the PAL cameras. The jitters are there on the cameras LCD, and when played back via HDMI, change to NTSC and shoot @30 or 60 and I get perfect footage. A friend with a 7D has the same problem??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #17
Regular Crew

No jitter here. Even on fast pans.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Turchick View Post
At this point, the DSLR's should be used a B-cams unless you can work around the 12 minute record limit and overheating.
Is the 12 minutes limit due to the size of the card or the FAT format?

Will the T2i stop recording even if you use a larger card?

Thanks,
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Faletti View Post
Whenever I use my T2i with an EX1, I only wind up keeping the audio from the EX1. It's nice to have the safety of the EX1 image just in case, and I would never use the T2i in run-and-gun situations (other than maybe weddings), but the more control you have over shooting environments, the more a DSLR can be your primary weapon (with separate audio recording).
Are yoiu kidding??? The EX1 wipes out the Canon DSLRs for image quality, and it doesn't come with any of the monstrous spacial aliasing or moire problems, that the Canons have. I use both, so it not a biased observation.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin Farkas View Post
Is the 12 minutes limit due to the size of the card or the FAT format?

Will the T2i stop recording even if you use a larger card?

Thanks,
Its nothing to do with the size of card or file system. It is an EU tax ruling. Doesn't matter what card size you use, it will stop at 4gb, approx 12 minutes at max resolution.
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #21
Inner Circle

Aha.

But I'm on the other side of the Pond... so what about the US version [if there is one]?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD