Magic Lantern on 7D - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old May 28th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: Magic Lantern on 7D

Donald,

It is reported that the 50D has been tested and is getting positive results already. Very early version still but its looking good.

It lives! 5 year old $350 Canon 50D becomes raw cinema monster | EOSHD.com

Sample raw video from 50D.

Last edited by Ted Ramasola; May 28th, 2013 at 06:01 PM.
Ted Ramasola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #17
Major Player

Ted, I am trying to upload the raw hd to my 60D which has the previous ML in it, the card has already "autoexec.bin" installed.

Now the new ML HD raw has also "autoexec.bin" Do this thing work together, or should I disable the first one? Thanks.
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #18
Trustee

No need to "disable" or uninstall the old one. Just take out your CF card from camera, place into CF card reader and just over write the old ones. I suggest you keep them on file in case you need to roll back.

Don't remove all files on your CF card just copy/replace with the new nightly builds you downloaded. If they are like the ones on the 5d then you would have an autoexec.bin and and ML folder.
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #19
Major Player

Got it! So it overwrites it to the raw hd. I did a test shoot but when I put the SD card into my laptop it shows PS files, I google it but I couldn't find the converter rawtodng for mac. Even in ML website they don't seem to have it. Does this conversion only works with After Effects or is there another application for it?
Rickey Brillantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #20
Major Player

Does anyone know if you can get clean HDMI out of the 7D yet?
Ron Little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 02:06 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Ramasola View Post
No need to "disable" or uninstall the old one. Just take out your CF card from camera, place into CF card reader and just over write the old ones. I suggest you keep them on file in case you need to roll back.

Don't remove all files on your CF card just copy/replace with the new nightly builds you downloaded. If they are like the ones on the 5d then you would have an autoexec.bin and and ML folder.

Are you guys talking about the same thing? Rick mentioned a 60d and you say copy it to your Compact Flash card? The 60D doesn't use compact flash?
Al Gardner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD