1D Mk IV section? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 07:24 AM   #16
Major Player

We just shot an entire ~20min short film on the 1D Mark IV in Burbank/Glendale CA last week... details coming soon. Now if only there were a 1DIV/Pro HDSLR section to post those details in... :-)
Trevor Meeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #17
Major Player

I've got some video and questions regarding my new 1DM4 as well...wondering if I should be posting in the 7D forum or this forum?
Jason McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2010, 02:13 AM   #18
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason McDonald View Post
I've got some video and questions regarding my new 1DM4 as well...wondering if I should be posting in the 7D forum or this forum?
The other Canon DSLR forums seem to be full of postings with large photos of new users un-boxing their camera or enquiring what other equipment apart from the camera they need to shoot a feature film. We got over all that stuff a year ago in the 5DII forum:-)
Nigel Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 07:39 PM   #19
Tourist

I've just recently got a 1d4 and had a few questions about high shutter speeds and other 1d4 related questions. A 1d4 section would be a great addition to the forum.
Antimo Ponticello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floris van Eck View Post
Just split the professional and the prosumer camera forums. So 1D/5D and 7D/50D/Rebel etc. That would be the most logical thing to do.
The problem with this is that the video from all of these cameras appears to be identical, in my opinion. So really the price tag is the only factor for determining whether the camera is "prosumer" or "professional". So, what is the cost of a "professional" video camera?

If the 1D could output clean uncompressed 1080p over hdmi and it had decent audio connections than I would call it a professional video camera, but it can't. It is of course a professional still camera but that's beside the point.
Luke Tingle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD