.Mov files are unreadable - please help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old April 13th, 2014, 08:24 PM   #1
Regular Crew

.Mov files are unreadable - please help

Hello,

I recently did a shoot, came home and half of the files are unreadable. I shot on a 5d Mark iii in .mov at 720p50fps. I cannot read or copy these files as they are not being recognised at all. I'm on a Windows 7 based PC.

I have tried to use various players including VLC media player which all tell me that the file format is not supported. I have also tried importing the files into Sony Vegas and this also says that they are not supported.

I have done lots of searching and have also used the following tools, which both have not worked as they do not recognised the files.

- Remo software
- Grau Gmbh

Please could someone help me to recover these files. They were shot as normal so I just don't know why they are not readable.

Thanks,
Rich
Richard Tetik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 03:15 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: .Mov files are unreadable - please help

Richard ~

Can you upload a real short clip so a few of us could look at it and see if we can deduce where the problem lies.

Chris Young
CYV Productions
Sydney
Christopher Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 09:18 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: .Mov files are unreadable - please help

Drop the files on the computer again then right click and details see what that says from the ones you cannot read then right click on the ones you can read and see if there is a difference/ steve
Steve Bleasdale is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD