Something to hold a shotgun mic in place at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old January 19th, 2005, 02:20 AM   #1
New Boot

Something to hold a shotgun mic in place

Is there a product out there that will slip into the hot shoe of my gl2 to just hold a shotgun microphone?

thanks
Richard Darge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2005, 02:48 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

There sure is, Richard. Lightwave Systems' MiniMount is probably the best. To use with the GL2 you would likely also need their Universal Shoe Carriage.

There are others, but this provides excellent isolation from camera handling sounds.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #3
New Boot

cheap shotgun holder

the lightwave is nice, but was too expensive my my needs.

i went with the Beyerdynamic EA86 Camera Shoe Shock Mount. Only $29.99 and it's been working for me for 6 months without issue.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=108256&is=REG
Michael Kopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2005, 03:00 PM   #4
New Boot

Azden SGM-1X and light mount

Does anybody know of a mount that can support both the Azden SGM mic and a Varilux Pro light together on top of a GL2? Is this possible?
Oscar Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2005, 10:17 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Michael,
I don't see any kind of locking ring on the Beyerdynamic. How do you tighten it on to the hotshoe?
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2005, 12:11 AM   #6
Regular Crew

No it doesn't have a locking ring but seems to work fine. The Audio Technica AT 8415 does have a locking ring but it is more expensive and bigger and heavier and taller. The AT 8415 can adjust the angle of the mic too.
I haven't really used the Beyer yet other than trying it on the XM2 but I think it'll be great. And I think it will hold my AT mic better then the AT holder too without it sliding forward outta the holder.
Andrew Hogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 11:00 AM   #7
Major Player

Re: Azden SGM-1X and light mount

<<<-- Originally posted by Oscar Sanchez : Does anybody know of a mount that can support both the Azden SGM mic and a Varilux Pro light together on top of a GL2? Is this possible? -->>>

I use this configuration and posted some pics of my setup a while back in this group, however my websites are down due to my new ips not allowing servers :-(

Anyway, from BHPhotovideo: Mamiya MADSA645PTL

This will work perfectly for you ...

Miguel

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders