$250.00 Rebate Offer at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 23rd, 2005, 08:59 AM   #1
Regular Crew

$250.00 Rebate Offer

This is an interesting delema. I purchased my GL2 in October, and went to the Canon home page to download the $250.00 rebate form. On the form I got from Canon's website was a promotion code of 05-95982. I mailed in the rebate form with the UPC and a copy of the receipt, and two weeks later I received an e-mail from rebatesHQ.com saying my refund was rejected because it was for a $50.00 rebate for the Elura 85 and the UPC was incorrect! I finaly found a phone number and called them to say they were wrong, the rebate was for the GL2, but they said there was nothing they could do to correct the problem because it was my fault I had the wrong promotion code. When I told them the promotion code was from the Canon website and I had a scanned copy of the rebate form and UPC they still refused to fix the problem. After some more demanding of better customer service, I finally got a manager on the phone, and he said he would "try" to help me by changing my promotion code. Well I'll have to wait and see if they corrected the problem. By the way, the actually promotion code for the GL2 is 05-90918. Good luck to anyone else out there...
David L. Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2005, 10:54 PM   #2
Major Player

You are right.

I downloaded the coupon a couple of weeks ago and it had the incorrect number you cite. I just downloaded it again tonite from the www.canondv.com and it is now changed to what you say is the correct number.
Galen Rath is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders