New HF-S21, First Impressions - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old August 4th, 2010, 11:49 AM   #16
Major Player

The Instruction Manual for the Canon HF-S21, HF-S20, and HF-S200 is located here:

http://downloads.canon.com/cpr/softw...ion_Manual.pdf

For setting shutter & aperture, look at pages 71 & 72
Bill Koehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2010, 08:20 AM   #17
Regular Crew

Yes, I wish I had waited for this model for the native 24p in particular. Good overview! Just one question - what is the cute little matte box you have attached, and would that work with the WD-H58 converter? I posted earlier on this, but no one has picked up on it yet.

Thanks,
Terence
Terence Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 01:08 AM   #18
Regular Crew

HF-S21 Questions and First Impressions

Hi Terence:
Like you said in your post..... It is time for Art & Crafts. I also have been looking for a solution for the wide angle and the lens shade. so I adapted an old Hasselblad bellows lens shade that was used with their lenses, this thing is probably 15-20 years old. but is in perfect condition, You can adjust the bellows so that there is no vignetting or cut off of light reaching the the coverage of the lens.

Thanks
Luis
Luis A. Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 08:22 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply, Luis. I should check out some second hand camera shops in case I can adapt something similar.

Cheers,
Terence
Terence Morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 03:54 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ove Christoffersen View Post
Thanks to Jacob, Louis and Robin for the fast answers – my second question about aperture change – Jacob says no but Louis is a bit in doubt – I would appreciate if you would look into the matter and try one or both of the things you mention – touch screen or wheel – if a smart way of doing it is possible – look forward if any solutions is available
Don't know if it's too late, but...

Just picked up an S200. You can indeed change aperture, speed, exposure while recording. You can assign any ONE of them to the custom dial, or change from the touchscreen.
Tom Majeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2010, 09:57 PM   #21
Regular Crew

HF-S21 Questions and First Impressions

Hi Tom:

No you are not too late. I finally experienced the two modes to change the aperture and shutter speed while shooting and you are right they both work. I don't usually used it but I can see that it could be a plus sometimes with planned shots.
I think that Ove, a few posts back wanted to know if it could be done.
Thanks
Luis
Luis A. Diaz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders