Intensity now supports HV20 - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders
For VIXIA / LEGRIA Series (HF G, HF S, HF and HV) consumer camcorders.

Old June 13th, 2007, 10:12 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Mischke View Post
Just back from Mediatech, our local bi-annual trade show (broadcasting, video, audio etc). Interesting thing is that I went to the company "apparently" representing Blackmagic (or one of the Blackmagic products) --- and they had not heard of the Intensity card.
Good choice of representatives, there, Blackmagic!
I would have bought one on the spot.
Ah, well, perhaps better luck in 2 years' time.
Also noticeable by their absence was Adobe and, for that matter, Cineform.
And meanwhile the HV20's keep flying off the shelves here --- the entire South Africa seems to have gone HV20 (and HDV generally).

Carl,
Jo'burg
Hi Carl,

Thanks for the heads up and I'll let the guys here know about this. I doubt these guys you'd mentioned are representing us. Intensity is flying off the shelves and any reseller worth their while should know about it.
Old June 14th, 2007, 01:19 AM   #47
Regular Crew

Representation

Kristian
The Blackmagic Decklink, as indicated in the Mediatech Guide, was represented by Apple IMC South Africa. One would have thought ...

Carl,
Jo'burg
Carl Mischke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #48
Tourist

HDMI monitoring work with Vegas?

The BM Intensity cared works well with Premiere offering HDMI out to my 24" BenQ monitor. But I can't seem to get it to work with Vegas.

I wonder if anyone who owns this combination has been able to use an HDMI out monitor with Sony Vegas 7e?

Curious minds would like to know.

Brendan G.
killersocks.com
Brendan Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2007, 07:06 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Gallagher View Post
The BM Intensity cared works well with Premiere offering HDMI out to my 24" BenQ monitor. But I can't seem to get it to work with Vegas.

I wonder if anyone who owns this combination has been able to use an HDMI out monitor with Sony Vegas 7e?

Curious minds would like to know.

Brendan G.
killersocks.com
Hi Brendan,

Unfortunately, we don't support Vegas at this point.
Old June 15th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #50
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristian Lam View Post
Hi Brendan,

Is support for Vegas expected?
Old June 15th, 2007, 08:26 AM   #51
Trustee

Vegas support has kind of had to come from the SONY side. You will notice that Vegas only seems to support a certain driver version for Blackmagic cards. This driver is usually built into Vegas so the card driver doesn't get updated until Vegas gets updated. The Intensity card came out after the latest main version of Vegas so the card will not work. Some of the main Blackmagic cards do work as long as they work with the older driver that is supported by Vegas.

You need to ask SONY to add support for the Intensity card with at least driver 1.5.
Thomas Smet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2007, 01:05 AM   #52
Trustee

Quote:
Hi Brendan,

I looked at your webiste. Its seems that Intesity cards don't work with Avid either. Is that correct?

Thanks.
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:40 PM   #53
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
I looked at your webiste. Its seems that Intesity cards don't work with Avid either. Is that correct?

Thanks.
Yes, this is correct. If Avid allows us to plug into them system, we would love to. :)
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #54
Trustee

Quote:
Yes, this is correct. If Avid allows us to plug into them system, we would love to. :)
Kristian,

How about Windows Movie Maker? (I'm serious; I'd love to use your card, just trying to figure out how.)
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #55
Regular Crew

Hey there,

I've been looking the intensity for quite some time but there's something that i just can't get clarified. (Great product, btw)

What are the system requirements for running the intensity with the HV20? If you're capturing uncompressed, i imagine a ridiculously fast raid array is necessary. But what about processor and memory requirements? I've heard things (in this thread) about capturing directly to ProRes422? Does that require a screaming processor and a lot of memory to do? And if you do that, do you need a RAID? Any information on this would be EXTREMELY helpful. We have an hv20, and have a few large broadcast projects coming up, and would like to use it, if we can in fact get high quality (not HDV) video off of it. Thanks!

Dale
Dale Backus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 06:39 PM   #56
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Backus View Post
Hey there,

I've been looking the intensity for quite some time but there's something that i just can't get clarified. (Great product, btw)

What are the system requirements for running the intensity with the HV20? If you're capturing uncompressed, i imagine a ridiculously fast raid array is necessary. But what about processor and memory requirements? I've heard things (in this thread) about capturing directly to ProRes422? Does that require a screaming processor and a lot of memory to do? And if you do that, do you need a RAID? Any information on this would be EXTREMELY helpful. We have an hv20, and have a few large broadcast projects coming up, and would like to use it, if we can in fact get high quality (not HDV) video off of it. Thanks!

Dale
Uncompressed HD at 1080i60 requires about 120 MB/sec so your media drives must be able to keep up or you'll get dropped frames. A 3-drive SATA RAID0 *should* be able to do this but drives slow down as they get filled so the more drives in your RAID, the better.

If you are to work in Apple ProRes, then you'll need a Mac Pro in order to capture in realtime but since you're using Intensity (which does now work in a G5), that should be sorted. Recommended RAM for HD work is 4GB or more.
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:58 AM   #57
Regular Crew

Thanks a lot!
Dale Backus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2007, 06:53 PM   #58
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Moretti View Post
Kristian,

How about Windows Movie Maker? (I'm serious; I'd love to use your card, just trying to figure out how.)
Kristian,

BM's website says:

"Intensity is an ideal companion for most video editing software."

"Intensity works with a huge range of software to let you choose the tools you already know how to use, so you don’t need to waste time learning custom software when you want better video quality."

"... use your favorite software, including Final Cut Pro™, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Fusion™ and many more."

What software am I missing to do live streaming HDMI capture with an Intensity card? I use a PC and don't have Premiere. But I do have Avid, Vegas and Windows Movie Maker. What else is there that does work with Intensity?

Thanks much!
Old June 22nd, 2007, 05:51 PM   #59
Regular Crew

the intensity comes with its own stand alone capture application. you dont need any editing software at all to be able to capture footage live, preview it, and play it back. you can then bring that footage into any editing software you wish. you can also use cineform hd/hdv to capture from the intensity and recompress as well without any editing software.

terence
Terence Krueger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 02:58 AM   #60
Trustee

Terence,

So all this hubub is about using Vegas's capture program instead of Intensity's or Cineform's capture progs? No prob. I could care less what capture prog I use.

I'm leaning towards getting Cineform NEO HD version anyway, this way the data rate will be managable.

Thanks much for the help.
Peter Moretti is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon XA and VIXIA Series AVCHD Camcorders > Canon VIXIA Series AVCHD and HDV Camcorders