Color matching XH-A1 and HV20 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old August 23rd, 2008, 11:41 AM   #16
Tourist

Tried your HV30 settings. Blueish tint?

Taky -

thanks so much for posting your HV30 CP. I am also using the HV30 as Camera #2 to my A1. However, your setting gave the footage a severe blueish tint. Could it be that your setting is geared toward outdoor shooting, and the fact I am shooting with studio lights (tungsten) make the difference?

I am not so knowledgeable in the CP color settings. Do you have any advice on how to adjust your setting to match the HV30 under studio lights?

also - i ran test with both cameras on auto white balance, and both cameras on manual white balance, but neither setting made the problem go away.

thanks,
jack
Jack Aaronson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 02:20 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Does everything in here apply to HV20 and HV30? Or are they separate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc De Wandel View Post

PS, wrong thread in fact, because this is about HV20 - I repeated it in new thread for HV30. Can you remove this one, Chris? Thanks.
Wouldn't a lot of the discussions here apply to both the HV20 and the HV30? If so, perhaps we should (if we could) rename the thread?

btw, what's the other thread you are referencing in your post - the thread on the HV30.
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #18
Regular Crew

FYI, I shoot an HV20 and HV30 simultaneously as B roll for an A1, in HDV 60i. I edit in Avid and can find no difference between the HV20 and HV30. Same color balance, exposure, etc.
Terry Martin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders