20/40 Watt Bulbs - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old January 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bucciferro View Post
I use the PAG 6 system which uses NiCad batteries. Normally I use a 20W bulb and that would get me through a few hours. I had tried a 30W to get more light and while it did give me the extra kick I needed I burned through the battery much faster. Make sure you have a spare or two if you up the wattage.
Jim, how do you carry the battery, the shoulder strap or did you buy the belt clip? do you turn your light on/off or just leave it on? I am finding that I get maybe 1-1.5 hours of bright light out of the battery then it dims .. (?) .. maybe I should condition my battery?
Dave Stern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2009, 12:57 PM   #17
Regular Crew

PAG 6 Light and Battery

Dave,
I use the shoulder strap. When I am not using the light I turn it off since it can get annoying. Eventually the light starts to dim so I need to change batteries. Two will last me few hours as long as I don't keep the light on for too long.
I use a 20W lamp. The 30W lamp gave me better light but ate through the battery in about 30 minutes.
Jim Bucciferro is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders