Focus FS-5 vs Focus FS-h200 vs Sony Mrc1 for my XHA1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 2nd, 2010, 05:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Focus FS-5 vs Focus FS-h200 vs Sony Mrc1 for my XHA1

Hello guys,

I have desided to go tapeless with my camcorder and I dont know wich one of this items I should buy for my canon xha1.

Wich one is better for the A1 and event videography

Focus FS-5 vs Focus FS-h200 vs Sony Mrc1

thanks in advance
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #2
Major Player

I haven't used the FS units, but I have been very happy using the MRC unit with my XH-A1. I have a number of Sony FP550 batteries on hand (they came with my now-retired Sony VX2000 cameras). These batteries give me more recording time than the capacity of the 32gB SanDisk Extreme III CF cards that I use. (Almost three hours per card.) The MRC mounts to the accessory shoe which is somewhat awkward for handheld shooting. I almost always shoot from a tripod, so this has not been a problem for me.

When shooting with a tape in the XH-A1, I run the MRC1k separately (no CamLink), which allows me to change tapes and keeps the recording going if I can't get over at the right moment to change the tape. For running tapeless, I go into the XH-A1 menu, select "System Setup" and turn on "DVControlON." I set the MRC CAMLink on and use the "Synchro" choice in the "Settings" menu.

Occasionally, on starting an MRC attached to the XH-A1, the MRC reports it is connected to a computer rather than a camera. When this happens, I shut the XH-A1 off then switch it back on and turn the dial to the "M" setting.

All of this is detailed in the Canon thread in the MRC subforum.
Jay West is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2016, 02:32 PM   #3
New Boot

Re: Focus FS-5 vs Focus FS-h200 vs Sony Mrc1 for my XHA1

Anthony, what type of device did you end up going with?
Andy Johnson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders