An HDV GL3 more possible now? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old February 24th, 2006, 12:32 PM   #31
Major Player

Of course, Bob, there will be a GL3 HDV camera one day. Even the Canon had admit it. But I doubt that it will issue before this fall, unfortunatly...
Old February 24th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronan Fournier
Of course, Bob, there will be a GL3 HDV camera one day. Even the Canon had admit it. But I doubt that it will issue before this fall, unfortunatly...
I would like to see this summer.
Bob Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #33
Tourist

What's the hold up?

Could there be any benefit to Canon holding back the release of, this much sought after, product beyond them not actually having the camera ready for production? It seems that they risk losing a hell of alot of money by delaying the release.
Eric Bey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 02:22 PM   #34
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Bey
It seems that they risk losing a hell of alot of money by delaying the release.
I'd say they're almost certainly losing some money by not having such a camera available. I've been using Canon DV cameras for several years now and would love to have an HDV GL3, but I got tired of waiting to hear Canon's plans and have two Sony FX1s instead. If the GL3 has better low-light sensitivity and similar controls I'd consider trading, but I'm not holding my breath on this.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 05:01 PM   #35
Major Player

they market seems good for something like a GL3. I can't afford the $9,000 one. The Panasonic HVX is nice, but again with a few P2 cards your at $10,000 plus.
Old February 24th, 2006, 06:32 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Didn't Canon basically say the same thing abouot the XLH1? That they had no immediate plans to release an HDV camera, and then a few weeks later showed off the prototype of the H1?

With NAB coming up, I'd expect Canon to at least announce, if not have ready to ship, an HDV camera to replace the GL2. They could pull another XL2 on us all.
Curtis Rhoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2006, 06:33 PM   #37
Major Player

Quote:
I looked at your website. What kind of camera are you using now?
Old February 24th, 2006, 09:24 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis Rhoads
With NAB coming up, I'd expect Canon to at least announce, if not have ready to ship, an HDV camera to replace the GL2. They could pull another XL2 on us all.
That wouldn't be too surprising, and would be about darn time. The Sony FX1 has been shipping for well over a year now and still has no meaningful competition at a comparable price. Unless JVC or Panasonic has something new up their sleeves, Canon is the logical company to offer an alternative. Two months and counting...
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 02:27 AM   #39
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Shaw
That wouldn't be too surprising, and would be about darn time. The Sony FX1 has been shipping for well over a year now and still has no meaningful competition at a comparable price. Unless JVC or Panasonic has something new up their sleeves, Canon is the logical company to offer an alternative. Two months and counting...
Kevin! Exactly!

And let's NOT forget that SONY have 2 (?) HDV cameras Sony HDR-HC1 HDV. OK CMOS and not 3 chips - but these have now been on review AND on the high street for nearly 1 year now.

Mr Canon! Sort it!

Tick . . Tock . . Tick . . Tock . . Tick

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 10:23 AM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Zimmerman
I looked at your website. What kind of camera are you using now?
I used a Canon GL1, but since I didn't want to wait for an hypothetic HDV GL3 I got to buy a Sony FX1 last summer... But I'm ready to sell it if Canon would be kind enough to release a GL3 wih a 20x zoom...
Old February 25th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #41
Old Boot

Quote:
I used a Canon GL1, but since I didn't want to wait for an hypothetic HDV GL3 I got to buy a Sony FX1 last summer... But I'm ready to sell it if Canon would be kind enough to release a GL3 wih a 20x zoom...
Mr Canon? Did you hear that? Did you?

Tick . . Tock . . Tick . . Tock . . Tick

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #42
Major Player

Quote:
Nice stuff on your website but my french isnt' to good.
Old February 27th, 2006, 02:24 PM   #43
Regular Crew

If Canon released a GL3 with similar/exact specs that the HDRFX1 has, but include xlr imputs, I would be sold on it.
Old February 27th, 2006, 02:29 PM   #44
Major Player

agreed - similar to the FX1, but hopefully with the same 20x zoom range as the Gl2.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 02:49 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Let's not forget, Canon needs to add their 24F to it as well! That would definately sell me on it... Of course, getting to 24f in post works too, but Canon's built in 24F would be icing on the cake.
Curtis Rhoads is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders