Which one would you buy? - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

View Poll Results: Between the XH G1 and XH A1, which one would you buy?
XH G1 for $7000, because I need the pro jacks and SDI. 40 10.00%
XH A1 for $4000, I don't need those pro jacks nor SDI. 360 90.00%
Voters: 400. You may not vote on this poll

Old February 11th, 2007, 04:21 AM   #121
Old Boot

Hiyah Tom! Missed you at Earls Court! - And yes, the A1 is certainly beckoning me: "Buy me . . Buy me . . "

The controls are spectacular. Did it at Amsterdam and the IoV conference.

This PLUS what I just read, comparison with the DVX100a - I'm being sorely tempted. And it ISN'T just because HD is becoming the universal platform, it is quickly demonstrating just what EXTRA I could be getting. Oh, and it is also HD!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 04:30 AM   #122
Inner Circle

Hey Graham, why am I an 'Inner Circle' with 2k posts, while you're an 'Old Boot' with 2.3k?
Tom Hardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 10:55 AM   #123
Obstreperous Rex

There can be only one "Old Boot" on DV Info Net, and that's Graham.

Poll closes after 25 more votes (in other words, when we reach 400). The data has held consistently at roughly ten to one for A1 over G1 and I doubt we'll see much of a change.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #124
Wrangler

if either canon or a third-party manufacturer suddenly released a truly mobile and affordable solution for uncompressed HD-SDI out, then the G1 would take off like a rocket. i think the need for camera advances is just about complete. the next briliant innovation won't even be in cameras but in output and storage. with the release of the G1, we have more camera than we can use with any degree of efficiency....there are so many efficiencies baked into these cameras, so few in terms of building mobile and affordable systems to use them to their maximum potential.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders