Canon XH series -- various sample clips - Page 22 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 2nd, 2008, 02:28 PM   #316
Regular Crew

Some really pretty shots and the music went well with the video. My only gripe is that it made me feel guilty for spending the day here on the computer instead of getting outside.
Vinny Flood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:35 PM   #317
Regular Crew

Campus Movie Fest...

Well here is our video we made for Campus Movie Fest.

We shot with two canon XH A1, one with a letus lense adaptor and 50mm nikon lens.

The awards were last thursday and we won best comedy (??) and viewers choice and will be entered at the reginal level. The whole team got ipod shuffles lol...

Anyways enjoy...

http://www.ourstage.com/video/channe...IPYZ-vigilante
Alessandro Garabaghi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:07 PM   #318
Major Player

pretty cool. We did one again this year as well. Also on an XH-A1.

http://www.ourstage.com/video/channe...mpus-moviefest
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:37 PM   #319
Regular Crew

lol.

Looks great josh, who are the actors? They look really familar, hmm.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 08:48 PM   #320
Regular Crew

you know its true...we spend so much time on the internet and check out those wonderful videos with wonderful feedback and wishing about having a video like that... and not enough with our camcorder...thats why i decided one day to just go out and shoot video and do nature...it took me two hours to shoot and one hour editing and uploaded it on the internet .and wow i got my first feedback..just like that....i may not get a lot of feedback but hey its a start, its my first nature video anyway ..

so go out and shoot video/edit/upload and then you will get your very own first FEEDBACK....
Ricci Ocampos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:11 PM   #321
Major Player

I think one of them was your roommate at some point in life. Have to admit though, college was mainly a blur though.
Old March 2nd, 2008, 09:12 PM   #322
Regular Crew

well, 1) he still is my roommate 2) your still in college. I think your lifes a blur, come to the sober side!
Old March 3rd, 2008, 09:34 AM   #323
New Boot

Outdoor Shots DOF

Hey Guys,

This is my first post of a sample clip. I have really enjoyed learning by reading comments and critiques. Thought I might submit a clip I put together last week. Love the XH-A1. Learning the controls, but not quickly enough since I have a corporate video job coming up in a couple of weeks. Any comments, critiques are welcome. As always, it is a large file so give it a couple of minutes before clicking the play button. Thanks.

Here is the link:

http://web.mac.com/tomkubicki/Kubick...ter_Creek.html
Tom Kubicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 10:49 AM   #324
Trustee

Looked like a beautiful place to visit with nice golden lighting. I would suggest using a tripod and loosing the quick zooms. Some scenes looked a little out of focus so pay a little more attention to that.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:18 AM   #325
New Boot

Good point

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I wish I had my tripod with me. Couldn't resist the opportunity. Half of the time I was standing on a snow covered slope.
Old March 3rd, 2008, 11:20 AM   #326
New Boot

Great stuff on your site

Mark,

I visited your site and previewed some of your clips. This is great stuff. Did you use XH-A1 for the clips posted on your site? Just curious. Great work
Old March 3rd, 2008, 06:30 PM   #327
Trustee

Tom,

Thanks for the site visit. No HD, I use and SD Panasonic DVC30 camera. I have stuck with SD because I produce SD DVDs and this format is easier to use on my editing system. I am interested in HD and like viewing others work. I would suggest going over to vimeo.com and viewing some of the HD videos posted there on the HD channel which feature some really nice work. You also may want to sign up with them. It is free with 500mb weekly uploads. I think you have a good eye from viewing your video. Just need to practice on compostion and detail. Its good to develop a pattern to setting up a shot if your a "set up" kind of shooter vs. a run and gun type. You can probably guess I am a "set up" type. When I see what I like I set my white balance first, then try to frame the shot to present the best asthetic view, then focus first using auto then manual to fine tune the focus, then its on to "zebras" for setting exposure. 99% of the time I am locked down on a tripod. I usually use really slow zooms which to me is more pleasing. Just a few tips. Hope it helps. You have a great camera and I am sure you will enjoy it. Keep posting.
Mark Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 08:49 AM   #328
Major Player

frogspawn on vimeo

Be honest.

I can take it.

:-)

http://www.vimeo.com/745654
Richard Gooderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:34 AM   #329
New Boot

ha ha, is like a frog party... I would so use some of this stuff for visuals in a show, it's awesome!
Ramon Nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2008, 10:44 AM   #330
Regular Crew

Nothing wrong with it. The only thing was that I thought the background audio was looped. Is that true?
Ivo van Aart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders