Canon XH series -- various sample clips - Page 29 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 21st, 2008, 07:58 AM   #421
Major Player

Good job on your first edit. Not sure the second music track really meshed with that calm, sedate first track though. If you are going to switch to that more frantic style music I would suggest you make your cuts really fast to keep pace - just my two cents.
Jim Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 08:44 AM   #422
Major Player

Good video. I really like autocross and need to get back out there. Now I'll take my camera with me. Thanks!

Some thoughts: I liked the first track, it went nicely with the shots. I would have liked to see more slow-mo dramatic stuff happening. Like a tight framing on a car as it comes across a tight turn. It'd be nice to see a slow-mo rear-end slide or wheel spinning with that slow music.

The second track was great but I kept wanting to hear sounds from the cars. I think mixing in some of the real audio from the cars with that music would really pull you into the action.
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM   #423
New Boot

Thanks for the feedback.

I agree with you Jim with the two separate tracks. I do like the first music track, but unfortunately, that piece remains pretty calm and slow and doesn't really speed up, and I wanted to show more excitement with the video. Probably need to find an alternate musical piece, or find another way to get the feel of action even with slower music.

Will, I also agree with you that there should be some audio from the cars. I'm debating on redoing the edits now adding in some of the car audio. It'll be a little tricky simply because I was a little distant from the cars and didn't pick up the audio that well, along with the fact that the announcer's voice would mesh in too.
Makoto Schoppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2008, 02:11 PM   #424
Major Player

Keep up the good work.
Will Mahoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:04 AM   #425
Regular Crew

Whats a diopter? Your right you need to use a tripod. cool how close up you can get though.
Tom Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:34 AM   #426
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Sherwood View Post
Whats a diopter? Your right you need to use a tripod. cool how close up you can get though.
I think of the 72 mm Century achromatic diopters as wonderful magnifying glasses that screw directly into the A1 lens while preserving zoom capability. A great way to convert the A1 to macro. Also the focal length is larger than I had feared before using the setup, which is great for insect shots.
Jim French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 10:43 AM   #427
Regular Crew

RC Helicopter --- FEEDBACK PLEASE!!!

This is a short 3 min. video I put together and did a very quick color correction with my limited knowledge. This is nothing special but it's a cool video if anyone loves RC especially.

I'd love feedback on the quality/color/clarity. I can't keep getting better if I don't hear from the pros..

N8

http://theastonisher.com/Nathanimal/...rd%205Mbps.m4v
Nate Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 10:49 AM   #428
Regular Crew

BTW. it was shot in 60i, Shutter Priority/500, fieldskit deinterlacer
Old April 22nd, 2008, 04:35 PM   #429
Major Player

2008 Sports Real Intro For School

Hey guys, this is something I just had to throw together.
http://www.vimeo.com/926620
The producer wanted the beginning shots really dark and grimy, i personally would have liked a little more light, but hey, it was his call.
Tell me what you guys think!
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:05 PM   #430
Major Player

it's not loading - getting a scrolling code page instead - should it be playing online or is it for download only?

Trish
Trish Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:25 PM   #431
Regular Crew

Hi Nate.
Nice pictures. Reminds me of when i was a kid. I bought (and still have) one of the original Kavan Bell Jetranger RC Helicopters, but i'm sure it would never do what that thing does.
Cool clip.
Steve Elgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:09 PM   #432
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish Kerr View Post
it's not loading - getting a scrolling code page instead - should it be playing online or is it for download only?

Trish
Sorry I didn't set it up for streaming.. I'll try to change it
Old April 22nd, 2008, 09:37 PM   #433
New Boot

I agree that the beginning should have more light.

I do like the way the sports transitioned from one to the other.
Makoto Schoppert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:22 PM   #434
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Schoppert View Post
I do like the way the sports transitioned from one to the other.
Agreed, I do like the transitions, but most shots were really too dark. I would think if he was looking to attract people to join sports, a nice light warm look would be the most inviting, not dark and dreary. Just my thoughts..

Good job on the editing, and for what you had to do with low light shooting, the shots came out really well with little to no grain.
Old April 23rd, 2008, 09:35 AM   #435
Regular Crew

Pink Flamingo in the Yard

Here's my first outdoor test:

http://vimeo.com/932593

Shot on Canon XH-A1 with ND filter at max and I can't remember whether I was using the Panalook 2 or VividRGB preset.
Alex Plank is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders