Canon XH series -- various sample clips - Page 43 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old October 9th, 2008, 08:05 AM   #631
Regular Crew

Hey, looks really good, the only thing, "The President" with music, turn the music down a little bit. is really hard to hear what are they saying. But nice work. thanks
Old October 9th, 2008, 12:30 PM   #632
New Boot

Break the Cycle Film

You can find a few clips shot with my XH-A1 at Break the cycle film | breakthecyclefilm.com

Some use the SGPro R3 35mm lens adaptor. The clips that are available at the moment are randomly selected from each riders section and not really edited.
Andy Yoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #633
Major Player

Some really great footage and a well put together site with the pics ands video blog style.

Really works well - some of the photos are quite good

you hardly recognize the canon a1 in that rig setup - looks very professional

and i want that jacket with the chalk style designs on it!

did you use the sg on all the footage? - even the farther shots with the fast cycling - if so - what kind of lense did you pick for ones needing the longer depth of field?

trish
Trish Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 11:00 AM   #634
New Boot

The sgpro was used on most of the footage. Sometimes i just used the camera on its own. When you're using the adaptor you have to think much more when setting up the shot and think of where the rider is going to go.

Side on shots work well because you don't have to focus too much. Shots where the rider is coming towards you are harder to focus on. If the rider is far enough away they will always be in focus.
Andy Yoong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2008, 04:42 PM   #635
Major Player

Very cool - thanks for the info - a 35mm adapter is still on the horizon but eventually I will get one

good luck on the entire film - it will definitely be action oriented viewing and the lush irish landscape gives a great backdrop

trish
Trish Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 03:55 PM   #636
Regular Crew

VISON02 + Looks footage

Hi,
i did some test footage using the VISION02 preset + Looks Plugin. Enjoy:

Munich in motion (Canon XH-A1) on Vimeo
Denys Pyevtsov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2008, 04:41 PM   #637
Regular Crew

Looks really great! What exactly did you do in Looks?
Jonathan Plotkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2008, 02:23 AM   #638
Regular Crew

Thx. I used a look I created for a short film. It is very important to play with the "mix" setting in FCP in the "filter" section to get the best picture (depending on the brightness of the footage)
Attached Files
File Type: zip DP_Look_warm.zip (6.4 KB, 185 views)
Denys Pyevtsov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2008, 11:40 PM   #639
Major Player

New Clip

All right so it's not the ideal Dempsey style, absolute kudos to that guy, but it is an XHA1 so I thought I'd post the link so the folks on this site could check it out. Competitive surfing is a sub culture but very real to the kids who are into it. 10 hrs of filming, 521 clips, didn't realize the lens had a salt mist on the last great interview of the day@#%&*. Won't let that happen again. So I squeezed 70 clips into 5 minutes of the trailer.
I might try the EOS Photo preset next time... Or something to bring out the blue and blacks when the sky is grey. Trying to get better...

Hawaii Surfing Federation By Bill Thesken On ExposureRoom

Kauai Amateur Surfing
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2008, 02:17 AM   #640
Regular Crew

I enjoyed that! It's not easy to make a 5 min video of surfing, but you pulled it off and kept me interested. The interviews are great!
Old October 18th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #641
Major Player

Thanks for watching - BT
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #642
Regular Crew

New Short - Longboarding the Laboratory (Hard to soft light example)

Sequel to the screen grabs I posted last week of myself and friends longboarding a place we call the Laboratory. It's 8 floors and very smooth and very empty.

We had excellent sunlight for the first part of the afternoon, and then had a very nice sunset to shoot in the evening.

hope you like it:

Skating the Laboratory on Vimeo

If Vimeo is stuttering too much, (it was for me) there is a youtube link as well: YouTube - Skating The Laboratory
Morgan Crossley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2008, 08:47 PM   #643
New Boot

New Short Sneak Peak

The following is another episode of my production diaries where you can see some clips of my upcoming narrative short as well as a sneak peak of the final product. Everything was shot with a Canon XH-A1 and Edited with Final Cut Studio.

Originalcrush Production Diaries #5
Carlos Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 06:29 PM   #644
Regular Crew

cool stuff. are you doing any color correction in Final Cut? or using any presets during shooting?
Morgan Crossley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2008, 07:27 PM   #645
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Crossley View Post
cool stuff. are you doing any color correction in Final Cut? or using any presets during shooting?
Yes, I use the 3-way color corrector in FCP to crush the blacks and increase the white levels. I just like high contrast.
Carlos Flores is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders