XH-A1 rebate promotion issues... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old July 20th, 2007, 01:13 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Good news, my check arrived today.

So my advice is basically to just keep an eye on your submission, and if it takes longer than it should, call Parago. If problems persist, call Canon. In short, stay on top of it, and you will eventually get your rebate check.

Last edited by Ben Hayflick; July 20th, 2007 at 01:15 PM. Reason: typo
Ben Hayflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2007, 10:44 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I forgot to include the receipt the first time around, but I FAXed it after-the-fact and got my rebate check about two weeks after that.
Ryan Paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:42 AM   #18
Regular Crew

We received our three rebate checks within a reasonable amount of time. It probably took six weeks.
Justin Kifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 05:23 PM   #19
Regular Crew

I mailed mine about a month ago using certified mail. USPS shows status as delivered; the rebate system claims that no record of this submission is found. Come week after next, I will be on this case with Canon and the rebate company.
Maksim Yankovskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:19 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Thanks Ben. I think I will try that.

From what I am gathering here and from other message boards concerning this issue... it is about 50/50. I don't think this is a mistake either. And if you really think about it, 50% that have failures or odd problems seems to be WAY too much. Even their FAQs have these listed. But I can't imagine why so many people would have issues with their UPCs and Serial numbers when it states specifically to send those items in the original submission. Not to mention that everyone who has these issues, submit all necessary items as requested.

Anyhow, I will look into it more.
Nicholas Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #21
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Richard View Post
We have had the same problems (posted above under Canon Promotions)

Canon Rebate Problems

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We properly followed all 3 steps required in the Canon Rebate Form and submitted it to the address shown on the form.

Canon is using a third-party company to handle the rebate process. Unfortunately, the company named RebatesHQ.com is mis-handling the process. They sent us a "tracking #" and when we checked the status of of rebate it shows it as INVALID because "serial # is missing".

We provided the serial # on 4 different documents - 1) on the UPC Code they required 2) on the Invoice 3) on the packing sheet 4) on the copy of the Canon registration form. We keep kept copies our submission.

When we used the email form that RebatesHQ.com provides as the only means of communication with them and reported their error and all the facts, we rec'ed an acknowledgement that they had rec'ed our email and would respond in 2 business days. That was 6 business days ago! We have sent a 2nd request for correction/response and still have not gotten an answer or the promised call from a rep.

So for all of you who took advantage of the rebate on the XHG1 or A1, be sure you track your rebate to make sure the same does not happen to you.

Anyone else having the same problem?

At this point, we are going to contact Canon and let them know that their rebate vendor is making errors and not communicating. Canon is a great company and does not need vendors like this tarnishing their repution for excellent service.

John Richard

June 20th, 2007, 02:40 PM #34
John Richard

Ok - we suddenly got an email response back saying that the error had been corrected and our rebate status was now valid and due for payment in Aug.

I have a suspicion that my posting here about the problem had some effect since the correction so quickly followed the posting.

Anyway, the advice to check your rebate status to ensure things are handled properly is still offered. $250 to $500 is a great and valuable rebate from Canon.

we still have not rec'ed our rebate check on the XHG1 as of yet.......

My suggestion is to stay on top of this - something is flawed in the rebate handling - sometimes it is working for some and sometimes not.
I also just received an email that my serial# and upc code was missing when It was meticulously placed together for there review!!!
Damon Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Regular Crew

2 Xh-a1

Hi,

I am thinking to get two A1 from B&H. Anyone tried claiming rebates for two? Is the rebate good for the purchase of a single A1 only for each purchase?
Paul Leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 12:32 PM   #23
Regular Crew

The rebate should be good for each camera you purchase...

With an emphasis on "SHOULD"...

I finally got an email confirmation that my rebate was due for final processing ... after the 4th submission. The funny thing is that I really did nothing different each time I submitted, because the first time was complete, as was the second, third and fourth. However, on the fourth submission, I sent them copies of the previoius emails Parago had sent me regarding why my submissions were invalid and negated each of them (with proof) and told them that I was in the process of reporting their company. So, I guess I did do something different... whatever the case, it seemed to work. Now, I just have to wait to see how long this rebate check will take to come in.

Good luck.
Nicholas Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:03 PM   #24
Major Player

i got my rebate check a few days ago. canon rebates have always been timely for me.
Eric Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2007, 01:34 PM   #25
Regular Crew

has anyone bought from places like onecall.com , beachcamera, buydig, or newegg.com and still received their rebate from Canon?
Wes Powell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:12 PM   #26
Tourist

Does anyone know which number to call for Parago or RebatesHQ.com.
I have the same problem as others "Invalid Serial Number"

Thanks
Leo Tarun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #27
Inner Circle

Dear Leo,

Call 1-888-221-4692.

The above is a number valid in the USA.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders