Blue Barn Pictures XL2 Presets Manager discussion thread - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old September 24th, 2005, 10:14 AM   #61
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Kalil,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalil Jalili
I am keep getting these error messages when trying to use it. I get them when I start it or try to read the presest or load a preset.
Are you certain that your XL2 is connected in the Ext. Cont. power mode?

Is the device driver is installed properly? Point it to C:\Program Files\BlueBarnPictures\Camera Storage 1394 WIA Driver

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:30 PM   #62
Tourist

Presets manager

I've tried the manager on my AMD and my Pent 4 and both systems are returning a runtime error. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Ben Brown

Canon XL2 owner
Ben Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #63
Obstreperous Rex

Do you have your XL2 connected, and powered into Ext. Cont. (external control) mode?

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 08:47 PM   #64
Tourist

Found the Problem

As soon as I posted the problem, I saw the answer in the prior post.

Thanks, all is working now.

My only renaining problem is the lust for the New Canon HD.

Thanks

Ben Brown
Ben Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2005, 01:50 AM   #65
Major Player

My Win XP Pro machine just died will it run on Win 2000?
Thanks,

Bill
Old January 18th, 2006, 03:51 AM   #66
Major Player

not working for me...

I don't know what's up, but I can't get the preset manager to send to the camera anymore. It can read the camera's presets, but it cannot send a preset to the camera. It worked the first time I tried, I was able to install the Amelie preset. But since then I just get the run time error message, and the program shuts down. I've read through the entire thread and saw that other people have had the same problem, but fixed it by pointing the device driver to the right application. I did this the first time I plugged the camera in, was able to successfully load the one preset, and then I tried to load another, and that's it. At least I can see the presets, and then set them manually. Any ideas? Sure would be a great little program to have if I could get it to work. I do have the camera set to EXT/CONT setting, powered on, and like I said, pointed the driver to the right spot the first time. If I disconnect the camera, then turn it back on, I don't get the same window that allowed me to browse. Just one that says "what program do you want to use" and another that says "take picture or take no action".
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #67
Regular Crew

At this time I only have a MAC equipped with firewire, so I need to manually key in the posted presets. This may be a stupid question but, since the adjustments do not have any number settings in camera to coincide with the presets that have been posted like below, how should I really make the adjustments to reflect the settings? If Gamma needs to be at "1", am I toggling that setting slightly up one notch? etc.... And a second question is: has anybody posted more presets somewhere since the original postings? Is there a wealth of presets that people have come up with that has been shared lurking out there somewhere?

[Presets]
Preset Name = TechniC
Gamma = 1
Knee = 1
Black = 2
NR = 0
VDetail = 0
Color Matrix = 1
Color Gain = 4
Color Phase = 0
Red = 2
Green = 3
Blue = -2
SetupLevel = 0
Sharpness = 0
Coring = 0
MasterPed = 0
Description = Barry Green SuperPolarized Technicolor Dream
Joseph Andolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #68
Major Player

manually setting..

Hi Joseph. As far as I can tell, yes, if it says "1" then that means you'll bump up the slider one notch. You can tell when its zeroed, because it will be a little square in the middle of the slider range. I have noticed that the highest preset setting was 6, and that is the most number of times you can move the indicator up or down the slider range starting from the middle.

I haven't seen any other presets available, would be nice but what a great little program. Now if only I could get it to actually work!
Cal Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #69
Tourist

Runtime errors

Every time I try to open a preset I get a runtime error.
When I first installed the driver on my new notebook as soon as the driver was installed, Sonic MYDVD popped up and autoran. I killed Sonic and reopened the preset manager with the same result. I uninstalled Sonic and tried again. This time I could get in without Sonic interfering but I got runtime errors when I tried to open a preset. I wasn't sure which device the driver was installing under so I tested the Canon DVR and found that no longer working.

I reinstalled the driver for that and pointed it to the BlueBarn device driver. Now the DV-PC recorder works fine but I still get the runtime error when I try and view a preset. Any ideas?

Great tool...it runs on my desktop but that isn't very portable.

Thanks in advance
Bill Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #70
Inner Circle

preset program

Good evening,

With so many postings of having trouble after I got by the one hic up (my own stupidity getting in the way) the blue barn program has been working perfectly. I have been testing out some of the posted presets.
what a great program. It allows me to come up with creative ideas while at the desk and the next day down load them in a heart beat and go give them a try!!!
When I find some I like of my own I will post them.

All I can say is, THANK YOU BLUE BARN PICTURES FOR YOUR TIME AND GENEROSITY!!!!
Old May 17th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #71
Tourist

Problem solved

It all works now. The Runtime errors are gone and this is a wonderful program.

I had to do a clean install to get this going which just goes to show that even the best software can be killed by the default install on a new notebook.

Thanks guys for the good work. As soon as I figure out where to do it I will post a few presets that I have been working on.
Bill Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 09:56 AM   #72
Regular Crew

Since there appears to be some need for a MAC version of this software do you know if it will run under virtual PC or on a newer mac that can also run windows?

Sorry if I missed this earlier in this growing thread.
Bob Sandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #73
Regular Crew

Mac Version

I would like add my voice to the chorus in advocating for a MAC version of the Presets Manager. Does anyone have any info on whether Canon is going to make good on thier promise of a Mac version of CONSOLE?
Dan Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #74
Trustee

Now that Macs have gone Intel I dont expect much cross platform development... I love Macs and own 3 but they have a history of leaving people in the dust...

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 11:33 AM   #75
New Boot

Just for you Mac users(with intels) I installed the Presets Manager on my Parallels. Win XP professional on my mac...wierd. But it works. I think any xp emulator for the mac should get you the abality to install the program and use it.
Anyway...great tool...especially the already made presets you guys put up for us newbies to all this.
Post on Intel iMac G5 using Final Cut Express HD
Daniel R Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders