Blue Barn Pictures XL2 Presets Manager discussion thread - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 28th, 2006, 12:14 PM   #76
Regular Crew

I tried to use the program under virtual PC but the windows Os will not "see" the camera. However, I dont feel like giving up just yet. ;)
Bob Sandifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #77
Slash Rules!

So, did we ever come up with a bunch of presets? I've just found a handful, from searching this site. Like, really a handful. Less than 10.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:01 PM   #78
New Boot

My anti-virus software indicates that the Blue Barn program has "suspicious scripting." Did anyone else experience this? Should I be concerned?

I also note from the disclaimer that Blue Barn reserves the right to "audit" your PC for compliance with the terms of use. Does anyone know what this means?

I hate to sound paranoid and look a gift horse in the mouth but I'm just not familiar with Blue Barn and remain unsure as to whether I should proceed.
Guy Krenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #79
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Bass
So, did we ever come up with a bunch of presets?
If y'all can help me gather them up, I'll put 'em in the preset files download thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=48287

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #80

Runtime Error

I've had to reinstall the Preset Manager because I got a new hard drive. Now, I can't get it work. Have tried several clean reinstalls, but no dice.

Is there anyone that would be willing to help me with this over the phone, my nickle?

I so, please e-mail me. jay at gooddogproductions dot com.

Thanks in advance.
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #81
Major Player

jay, when you connect the xl2 and it prompts you for a driver, are you pointing it to the driver that came packaged with the bluebarn application? it's in a subfolder of the installation directory.
Henry Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 03:12 PM   #82

I did the first time, but now that you mention it, it hasn't asked for it again. That dialog box is not coming up. That's probably the problem!
Old June 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #83

I went into the Device Manager and the proper drivers from Blue Barn are installed. It can "read" the presets on the camera, but it won't set presets to the camera. Does that strike anyone as odd?

I keep getting:

Run-time error '-2147220991 (80040201)':
Automation error
An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers
Old June 28th, 2006, 05:58 PM   #84
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gladwell
I went into the Device Manager and the proper drivers from Blue Barn are installed. It can "read" the presets on the camera, but it won't set presets to the camera. Does that strike anyone as odd?

I keep getting:

Run-time error '-2147220991 (80040201)':
Automation error
An event was unable to invoke any of the subscribers
I get that exact same error as you also, I have no clue what it is about...
Shervin Mandgaryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:16 AM   #85
Obstreperous Rex

Sorry to ask this but... you guys are absolutely sure your cameras are powered up in the "Ext. Cont." mode, right? It's the last spot on the power dial.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #86

Yes, "Ext. Cont." mode.

Like I said, it's able to read the presents on the camera. It's able to clear the presets on the camera. So I know it's communicating with the XL2. It simply will not send presets to the camera.
Old June 29th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #87
Major Player

it's strange the app will see the cam, indicating the driver is being recognized. one more suggestion from me... you could try uninstalling the driver from device manager, connecting your xl2 again, and reinstalling the driver from the 'found new hardware' wizard.
Henry Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:16 AM   #88
Booth Monkey

Hi Guys,

I'm happy to see so many people have enjoyed this little app. Its been a while since I wrote it, and since my memory isn't as sharp as it used to be, I cant remember what causes the error. I'm working over this weekend, and will not be able to debug the problem for you until next week. A couple of things:

Its been a while since I've picked up a XL2, I think there is a DV Control setting in the system menu, try turning that to ON.

Make sure that you have the latest service pack for XP.

steve
Stephen Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:17 AM   #89
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Cho
it's strange the app will see the cam, indicating the driver is being recognized. one more suggestion from me... you could try uninstalling the driver from device manager, connecting your xl2 again, and reinstalling the driver from the 'found new hardware' wizard.
I just did exactly what you told me to, uninstalled everything Canon XL-2 Related from my PC, installed it with the drivers properly then installed BlueBarn, it still gives me the same problem.
Shervin Mandgaryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #90

Henry, I tried that yesterday--no go!

Steve, I'll look for that DV control setting. Hopefully that will fix it!

Thanks!
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders