Today is the day! - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old September 17th, 2005, 03:23 PM   #121
MPS Digital Studios

Please refer to our FAQ for more on conduct here at DV Info Net.

heath
Old September 17th, 2005, 03:32 PM   #122
Wrangler

Actually I think that our policy page spells things out a little better than that FAQ :-)

http://www.dvinfo.net/network/policy.php

Your choice as to whether to participate here at DVinfo is of course up to you. However I think you'll find that Chris and everyone else tolerates a very wide spectrum of opinion on most topics, as long as the posts are well thought out and the discussion is civil.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 03:41 PM   #123
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Gladwell
Then I guess I'd better leave. Don't want to rain on your living room rug. Excuse me for voice my thoughts (whine) and opinions (moan) and excuse me for not thinking like you think or feeling about everything the way you feel.

So you've built your own little community and expect everyone to march in lockstep to what you think should be. Well not me. I don't believe in no do I want to be a part of any dictatorship, real or virtual.

Jay
Seriously...this is a discussion board, if we can't be open about our discussion what's the point!
Michael Padilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #124
Wrangler

Ditto what Boyd said. The words in the policy about "bickering and pointless arguments" are there exactly for the purpose of keeping discussions cordially on-topic and productive. Insight and constructive commentary are most welcome; the many and varied forms of troll-ism are not. Now, please, let's return to the very exciting topic at hand.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 04:01 PM   #125
Wrangler

Please everyone, take a moment to look at that policy page if you haven't already done so because it addresses these issues. This is starting to become a "meta discussion" (discussing what should be discussed) which is not allowed.

Please try to stay on topic so we don't have to edit or lock this thread. If you have concerns about DVinfo policy you can always express them to Chris or any of the other moderators via e-mail.

Thanks in advance for your understanding.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2005, 08:04 PM   #126
Obstreperous Rex

Anybody here is always welcome to state "Camera Q is not for me" and explain their reasons why. What you cannot do however is hang out on a particular forum which covers some gear you choose not to use, and rant and rave about why you think it stinks. I mean, we heard you the first time. Please get over it and move on. Camping out and pontificating about something you choose *not* to use is an incredible waste of everybody's time. Tell us about what you *are* doing, what you are creating... that's much more positive, much more beneficial for the whole community and definitely much more healthy.

Meanwhile you can always send hate mail to "chris at dvinfo dot net." Thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders