The anamorphic len for the xl1s!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old October 17th, 2001, 07:09 PM   #1
micsanzo

The anamorphic len for the xl1s!!!

If you go to www.xl1s.com site you'll find this announcement:

"Further to a continued demand for an optical 16:9 attachment to suit the Canon XL1 / XL1S camcorder, we at OpTex are happy to announce that following modifications to our existing anamorphic attachment we will shortly be releasing a limited use anamorphic for Canon's 16 XL lens.

Due to the construction of the anamorphic use at the wide end of the lens is not possible due to vignetting, the modifications however enable use between 15mm and 25mm. For example a medium close up shot at this focal length is acheivable at around 2 metres.

Availability is currently running at 2-3 weeks for our initial batch and back orders are being accepted now, pricing is currently expected to be in the region of £500. Please aim any questions or enquiries",

Enjoy it.

micsanzo
Old October 17th, 2001, 07:26 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Yes, I got word of this today as well.

My sponsor ZGC is the stateside distributor for Optex. They tell me it'll be about 30 days before this thing will be available in the U.S. -- I hope to be able to provide an early hands-on review as soon as possible, but it looks like we're still a few weeks away from it.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2001, 08:29 PM   #3
silentwalls

anamorphic lens

thanks for the insight!! i would love to test this out and am wondering how or whom to contact to put myself on a list.

thanks,
jon
Old October 22nd, 2001, 03:03 PM   #4
New Boot

Chris,

Has ZGC told you how much they will be selling it for? Also, will they have fairly limited stock?

e
bitnaut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2001, 05:41 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

According to Optex, it'll cost in the range of 500 pounds, you'll have to find a currency converter and figure out how many US dollars go into an English pound... availability will be limited at first, if you *really* want one, you'll probably have to pre-order.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog