FU-1000 monochrome B&W CRT viewfinder - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old January 26th, 2014, 05:33 PM   #91
Tourist

Re: FU-1000 monochrome B&W CRT viewfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan O'Bannon View Post
Page 15 of the Canon Monochrome CRT Viewfinder Unit FU-1000 owners manual I recieved with my FU-1000 viewfinder:

Notes on using the FU-1000

"The FU-1000 cannot be powered from an AC/mains outlet (with the CA-900/CA-910 Compact Power Adapter) or from your car battery (with the CB-900/CB910 Car Batery Adapter). You must use a batery pack (or two with the CH-900/CH-910 Dual Batery Charger/Holder* (sold separately) to power and use the FU-1000."

Hope that helps

Dan

The simplest reason for using batteries vs.the "Canon" CA-910A compact power adapter is the compact power adapters output, {6.0V - 1.7A (VTR)} & {8.4V - 1.2A (BATT)}, is not sufficiant to power the FU-1000 viewfinder.

One could hypathetically connect a Canon DC-900 "type" dummy to a power supply that does provide enough voltage and amperage (7.5V - 1A), to power the viewfinder (12w draw).

If the forementioned is pursued, please keep in mind that a small portion of the plastic in the "dummy" case must be removed from in between the positive and negative contacts, (following the depth and width of the existing channel through to the end), so as to not activate the switch inside and at the top of the battery bay (XL1s models).

My only expierience is with the XL1s, and I have had very good performance using the "hypathetical" solution.

Scott
Scott Satrom is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog