XL1 Camera Case at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old November 1st, 2002, 09:04 AM   #1
New Boot

XL1 Camera Case

Can anyone recommend a good camera case for the XL1? I am looking for a hard sided case.

Charles
Charles Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2002, 09:12 AM   #2
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hi Charles,

Go to http://www.dvinfo.net/xl1.htm and click the "Articles" link in the left side menu. Then, at the top of the page, click the "Storage & Transport" link to jump to info on cases.
Old November 1st, 2002, 11:47 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm looking for a new hard case myself but I'd suggest looking for one that allows you to store the camera WITH an MA-100 or MA-200 attached. I currently have the Canon case (HC-3100) and have to tear down the camera each time I put it away. This may not be an issue with you but it's wearing down the stud on the camera that my MA-100 attaches to. I now have to wrap tape on the stud to keep the shoulder pad from moving while shooting. This shouldn't be a problem on my six month old XL1S. I just wish Canon would make the HC-3100 about six inches longer because it's a nice case otherwise.
Greg Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2002, 11:54 AM   #4
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Greg,

I have the CCC-10 and it can hold my XL-1 with MA-100 and 16X lens attached. Only problem with it is that it's just slightly over the allowed dimensions for carry-on baggage. Otherwise, no complaints.
Old November 1st, 2002, 04:04 PM   #5
Wrangler

Sear Truck Tote

I would still recommend a good hard case like a Pelican or Hard Case. However, the Sears Truck-Tote isn't a bad deal for $50 or less. The URL is http://www.sears.com/sr/product/summ...id=00959027000

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2002, 07:07 AM   #6
Major Player

The Canon case is not a well thought out case. You have to do some work to actually use this case to transport the camera.

It will also require you to take off the matte box or ma-200/100 if it's attached. It can hold the lens / sunshade / and B&W viewfinder mounted.

THe case is pretty, but I'd perfer function. sigh.
John Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2002, 11:15 AM   #7
Wrangler

Hey Charles,

I use a Pelican case.

I think this is the one at this page;

http://www.casesbypelican.net/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CBP&Product_Code=APP-1664PD&Category_Code=PC-CAMERA

It has these little removable foam strips to customize the interior to fit anything.

I get everything from my slate to batteries to even my ABC steadycam. It is air tight, has many handles and also casters. very cool indeed.

-Nori
Nori Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2002, 09:45 AM   #8
New Boot

XL1 Case

Thanks for all the input. I went with the Pelican case.
Charles
Charles Fields is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog