Neo 4K at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM   #1
Major Player

Neo 4K

I thought Neo HD and Neo 4K was supposed to work with Vegas 8, I just tried Neo 4K as a demo, converted some m2t clips and as soon as I opened the folder to bring them into Vegas, Vegas crashed, over and over again until I uninstalled back to Neo HDV, now no problem. So If I wanted to upgrade to Neo HD or 4K am I out of luck?
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2008, 10:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Does Vegas do 4k? I only have version 7 and it doesnt do it in that version.

It may be an issue with Vegas.

EDIT:

I looked online and that appears to be the case.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro/workflow

Vegas Pro 8 software supports HD editing and rendering, including output to 1080/60i, 1080/30p, 1080/24p, 720/60p, 720/30p, and 720/24p. Work with project sizes up to 2048x2048.

Last edited by John McGinley; May 17th, 2008 at 11:03 PM.
John McGinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2008, 08:18 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

NEO 4K is compatible with Vegas, while Vegas is limited to 2K exports, it will take bigger than 2K source files.

Hugh, something else must have happened as we have no other reports. Was this with the beta version 3.3.1?
Old May 18th, 2008, 01:40 PM   #4
Major Player

No, just the version for download off the site, but when I shut everything down and rebooted I managed to bring just one clip onto the vegas timeline, but then it gave me the problem error and vegas shut down, the clips are m2t so the size should not be an issue, they are clips I captured with neo hdv along with avi. so I tried those clips to see if I could see a difference. btw the clips show the same codec as neo hdv when I look at properties, I thought since 4K is different I would see something different than the NEO HDV, I don't see anything different at all, same exact screen as neo hdv. is this correct?
Old May 18th, 2008, 05:18 PM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Confused by your question. M2Ts are crashing Vegas? NEO 4K will look much the same for GUI elements, but under the hood it supports 4K+ at 12-bits per channel 4:4:4:4.
Old May 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #6
Major Player

I used 4K to convert m2t clips that I had in a folder, which I used Neo Hdv to capture into avi keeping the m2t. I converted the m2t clips with 4K and put them into another folder by themselves, converting went fine, when I opened the folder from Vegas to bring these new avi clips in vegas crashed everytime, I tried over and over, rebooted, managed to bring one clip in and vegas crashed, gave up uninstalled 4k and went back to neo hdv. question is obvious, am I unable to upgrade to HD or 4K, seems like I am if Vegas crashes like that. Nep Hdv crashes vegas for me if I try to use mov. clips instead of avi. I would rather use mov clips but can't because it crashes vegas every time. so there is another issue, but I have been working around that. now I just thought of one thing should I have uninstalled and reinstalled vegas without cineform and then installed 4K. could that have done it
Old July 6th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #7
Major Player

could this problem of 4K not working because of the video card?
Old July 6th, 2008, 12:25 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

NEO 4K works fine with Vegas. Under Vegas we are just a cdeoc, so graphic card no not impact us. Sometimes is just not correct on your system and you need to file a ticket with support.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase