Prospect HD 4.0 (Windows) - ISSUES - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 11th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #16
Major Player

Hi guys I noticed you refered to build 209 where did that corm from ?
Thanks Bruce
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:06 AM   #17
Regular Crew

See the "New Mac and PC builds posted (5/8/2009)" thread. It's an update for FirstLight, doesn't seem to address the Premiere Pro issues.
Glenn Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:22 AM   #18
Major Player

Thanks Glen I am not sure how too keep track of everything. I have. Been watching the main beta thread?
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Bruce, I've been watching ALL of the threads! :-) I keep hoping to find an update from CineForm on the PPro CS4/ProspectHD v4 issues.

It would be good to know if there may be a short-term fix, or if it will take some time to resolve. I'm fine either way, but I have a project to get out. Prospect has the potential to really help me finish this one, if the bugs get sorted.

If there was a possibility of a short-term fix I'd wait for it. If not then I need to proceed without it, but that will take a lot of work. If CineForm would give us the status I could make an informed decision.

David Newman, can you please give us an update?

Regards,
Glenn
Old May 11th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #20
Major Player

I agree. An update on the PPCS4 and Prospect HD issues would be great!

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:04 AM   #21
Major Player

I agree,

I do not mind testing but if someone would let us know that they have some idea of whats wrong and a complete fix will not be out before Adobe new patch. Thats fine I will contine to test FL!!! I am excited about that too just not at the moment!!

I would really like this importserver error to be corected. I really do not care about the spped right now because I know that will be fixed too..
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #22
Regular Crew

I think FL is a fantastic product, but without the PPro fix it doesn't really do anything for me.
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:37 AM   #23
Major Player

I have not even bothered with FL until I get the PPCS4 working.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:09 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Have any of you guys tried using the latest build on XP 32bit?

I had the same problems like most of you while using Vista 64, I could import to Premiere CS4 (4.0.1) with no issue but had ImporterProcessServer crash at random and also crashing almost everytime I try to render out in Adobe Media Encoder, whether Cineform or converting to another format from Cineform. Not sure what the root cause of the problem. Curiously, last official build ProspectHD 3.49 has no issues converting files in Adobe Media Encoder CS4 under Vista 64.

So I got out my old intact had drive from a previous build which had XP3 32bit SP3, installed Propspect HD (b209) and to my surprise it worked a whole lot better.

Created a new project in Premiere CS4 (using preset guildelines in techblog), imported multiple clips, cut, paste, scrubbed them all a good length of the way everything worked the way you'd expect. Also when I went to export compiled project out, it also worked without any issue from Premier to Media Encoder to finalized video. Also when I tried converting cineform avi to any other format under Adobe Media Encoder it worked as well without problems.

(The only issue I did notice is when I open a saved Cineform project in CS4 by double clicking its .prproj file, it opens the project with all the Cineform clips with a red bar on top -requiring rendering- in the timeline. However if I start up Premiere first, then open the project within Premiere, it opens up normally with the clips having a yellow bar on top. This is minor issue which I assume will be fixed when real time engine is installed.)

Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Mobo: ASUS P6T Deluxe v2
Memory: 12GB RAM 6x 2GB sticks of DDR3 (Under XP limited to ~3GB)
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 260 Core 216
Add on: Blackmagic Intensity Pro capture card
Storage: 1 TB for O/S/apps, 1TB scratch, 2x 1TB RAID 0
O/S: Windows Vista 64 Ultimate SP1 (& Windows XP SP3)

This is a new system so I'm kinda bumbed that with more memory, faster multithreaded CPU, and 64 bit O/S, it should be better but there all these problems cropping up everywhere. The transition from 32bit - 64bit hasnt been smooth at all. *not just with Cineform but overall. Everything else seems to work rock solid, but only with video/editing apps (i.e. Vegas, et other) I'm seeing problems. (incompatible codecs? 32bit/64bit?)

I dont have access to 32bit Vista or 64bit XP so I dont know how it runs there. I figure I throw this out there to see if anyone else is seeing similar results.

I have yet to try the latest build and capturing video with Cineform with Blackmagic card. Blackmagic Design recently updated their drivers/firmware for CS4 support so it'll be interesting to see how that will work with Cineform/PP4/Vista 64. I'll post my results later.
James Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 07:34 PM   #25
Regular Crew

I tried it on 32-bit Vista, still had the ImportServerProcess errors, so it's not just 32-bit vs 64. Interesting that it works in XP though...

Anyone using XP 64-bit?
Old May 11th, 2009, 10:49 PM   #26
Major Player

Guys, I'm violating my person and Chris Hurd's demands not to double-post, but I'm doing so this one time because there is some redundant discussion going on in this thread and the much longer earlier thread on a similar subject.

***Begin double post

Fixing the CS4-PPro issues are our highest priority. We're working hard on it, but we haven't had new information to report yet, hence our relative silence lately. Please stay tuned....

*** End double post

In the mean time a different team has been working on First Light which is part of the v4 update. Because some customers have remained on CS3, but want First Light, we will probably take v4 live this week, even if there are some niggles remaining with CS4. More later....
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:14 PM   #27
Regular Crew

Complete Failure

OK, so I installed CS4 and the Build 209 tonight and then opened an existing CS3 project. It was a complete failure in four respects.

First, without changing anything (As the project was already finished), I tried to export. As soon as I touched File /Export /Media Premiere crashed. I've never had Premiere crash before so seeing the error report form was somewhat of a shock.

Second, I tried to render the video previews. It chugged along until it hit a cineform clip. Then it stopped. I canceled and tried to render again. Nothing. It will not render the Cineform clips. Nor will it go past them

Third, the clips that it did render now appear to have been squished down to the lower third of the screen. The rest of the screen is black. Moreover, the image is extremely distorted as if seen through an anamorphic projector lens (twice). Strangely, the audio is perfect. However, although this particular clip (within the 8 min movie) is green indicating it has rendered, the squished lower third image goes completely to black part way though. I note that this is actually an AEP file imported from after effects.

Lastly, every time I open the project in Premiere, it re generates the peak files.

This project worked perfectly in CS3 with Prospect HD 3.4. Absolutely a complete failure in cs4.

XP Pro 32 bit
ASUS p5e
Quad Core 3.0 9650 Yorkfield chip
4 Gig DDR3 RAM
GeForce 9800 GX2
Michael Panfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 11:41 PM   #28
Major Player

Michael, you cannot open a CineForm CS3 project in CS4 at all - period. There is no CineForm RT engine in PHD v4 yet.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:27 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Confused

David, that does not make sense. I must have some kind of magic computer, because the one project I have opened, and the one which has given me the issues I have described, is a CS3 Cineform project. It opens, everything is in the timelines, I can choppily scrub through it, I even got the audio to play.

I tried to open a new project in CS4 and got nowhere. The entire Premiere window was grey below the title bar down to the bottom of the page. There was no timeline, no effects pane, no preview window, no sequence bin, nada. Its as if every panel was undocked and closed or moved off screen.

Very strange
Michael Panfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #30
Trustee

David
I'm having Michael's experience.
Opening several old CS3 PHD 3.xx projects in CS4 is no sweat. The timeline has the entire edit, yellow render bar, previews just fine, audio is fine.
I am only having problems importing new HDLink v 4 converted clips, particularly EX1 sourced footage. On import of CF clips I get red render bar, audio problems, if I render I get a vertically squished image (about 1/3 of proper height).
Summary- old PHD v 3.xx CS3 projects seem to load up and to work in CS4, only new PHD v 4 stuff does not.
I'm Vista 64/i7/12GB.
It's all crazy!!!
PS- This system has never had PHD 3.xx, or CS3 installed on it, only CS4 & PHD 4.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase