CineForm and Adobe Premiere Pro -- various questions - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 29th, 2005, 11:54 PM   #16
Major Player

Preview on a TV - A few questions about recommended options...

A couple of display questions...

1. How does the software cope with having two monitors of different sizes?

ie: I will most likely be using a Samsung 930BF 19" monitor for the primary, Dell 24" for the secondary montior and am still undecided as to whether/how to have the component display output. Does the software cope with having to stretch across an unusual span of a 4x3 & a 16x10 dual screen setup?

Also, as is discussed in another thread somewhere, 1280x1024 is 5x4 rather than 4x3 and results in a distorted preview window. Will this same effect occur with the different sized dual screens even though the preview window will be on the Dell 19" monitor in 1920x1200 (because this is actually 16x10 instead of 16x9)...

2. I will be using the ASUS A8N SLI motherboard with two PCI-Express slots and am definately going to be buying an MSI 7800GTX. Now if I have the GTX in one slot to drive the 2 monitors with DVI out, will I be able to place either the Parhelia or the Quadro FX540 in the other PCI-E slot to drive the component out? Or will having two different video cards cause problems within the computer?

3. Are there advantages that warrant the higher price of the Parhelia over the Quadro card?

4. Does the Quadro card display the image the same way as the Parhelia - ie: does it show only the preview window or does it work more like a simple video out cable?

5. Can the Parhelia or the Quadro be configured to output to a TV that is NOT HD ready? I have a nice TV with Component inputs but it is not HD-Ready and I don't have a set top box. Can the video cards scale the image down that much?

Thank you ever so much for your help - without it I'd be lost, broke, a camera in one hand and half a computer in the other.
-- John.
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2006, 10:36 PM   #17
Major Player

I hope someone answeres your question - cause I have pretty much the same set up and ideas:)

I believe I read that with a dual SLI board you CAN configure it this way, but then again, I can't seem to find it now so maybe I was just dreaming. Sorry I'm of no help.
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 01:55 AM   #18
Major Player

I hope someone does too.

I read on the Matrox forums that you can configure an APVe & an Nvidia on the one board (This guy was using an ASUS A8N, the APVe & a 6800GT I think). But he didn't specify whether the board was the 32 (ie: with 2 full 16x PCIe ports or one of the other ones.

I haven't been able to find the post since so haven't been able to clarify.
John Hewat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 06:48 PM   #19
Trustee

Do u guys have any idea on a dual head graphics cards for this purpose? I am trying to drive 2 monitors to preview HDV as well but my setup only support AGP.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 03:41 AM   #20
New Boot

Adobe not including HDV editing in tryout Premiere pro 2.0

I downloaded today the tryout version of Premiere 2.0 wanting to see how it worked natively with HDV but.... OH! Surprise, the tryout version does not include the settings to edit HDV !!!

hmmmmm.... It makes you wonder why they decided to leave that out.

Don't they want people to test editing HDV in native format before buying ?

hmmm....again.
Jake Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 09:13 AM   #21
Trustee

My guess is that they have to pay a third party (Mainconcept?) for the license. So they leave it out of the free version.
Old January 29th, 2006, 10:47 AM   #22
Major Player

"Don't they want people to test editing HDV in native format before buying ?"

Answer= NO, they are not that dumb, I saw that about the tryout and my first thought was, no one would buy it if they really wanted it for HDV editing, it is probably using mainconcept because theres is slooooooow too.

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #23
Major Player

PPro 2.0 Freezes after Aspect 4.0 Install

I have a WinXPPro system with Premiere Pro 2.0.

I had the Cineform trial version of Aspect HD plug-in installed a few weeks ago. It expired, I did not uninstall. I just made the AspectHD purchase today. I installed, now Premiere freezes up constantly. It will open projects, but I can't capture.

I have tried uninstalling Cineform, and Premiere... then reinstalling, but to no avail.

Any help out there?
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #24
Major Player

I don't want to go against any official direction from Cineform, but here is my two bits after having to reinstall my OS (WinXP Pro)

I installed Premiere Pro 2.0. I downloaded the trial version of Aspect, and installed.

The trial period expired. I then purchased Aspect.

Thinking that the proper procedure was to Uninstall the trial version first, this is what I did. I may have seen a post that suggested Uninstalling... but perhaps this is only if the trial period is still active?

Anyhooo....upon reinstallation of Aspect, things began to go awry. Premiere would freeze upon loading. I reinstalled Premiere countless times, to no avail. I had limited success in that if I logged on as another user on XP, I could get the Premiere/Aspect combo to function, but by that time, so many other installations on my system were corrupted, programs not functioning properly, etc... rather than fighting it, I took the hour to do a fresh OS installation.

I'm sure someone much brighter than myself could done some troubleshooting and solved the problem, but in the final analysis... the fresh OS has resolved everything.

The moral of the story... don't be a dumbass and install things based on what you "think" you remember.
Old February 19th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #25
Major Player

Marty,

Sorry you had these problems. Normally the upgrade from the Trial version of AHD to the purchased version is seamless. It seems that there was a conflict gremlin running around in your system somewhere. At the end of the day we're glad you're up and running, frustrating as it might have been.

David.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #26
Major Player

Yeah.... I think the gremlin was mostly yours truly, however.... another little nugget of XP info that may save others who know just enough to be dangerous...

One of the errors I continually got when trying reinstall Premiere, was a registry error about access. I have subsequently learnt, that if you go into your registry and grant permissions to each KEY folder to your logon name.... then those sorts of errors will be avoided.

I am indeed up and running.... it's getting kinda boring with everything running so smoothly. I think I may go tweak some stuff to see if I can make it run even BETTER!
Old April 7th, 2006, 01:54 PM   #27
Major Player

Output for Web

Hi,

I'm currently using PPro 1.5.1 and Aspect HD 4.0 and am having difficulty trying to export a wide screen video for the Internet using either Windows Media or Quicktime.

I'm wanting to go straight from the timeline (Cineform) to a smaller size and keep the 16:9 aspect ratio of my Z1U.

Is this a one-step process, or do I have to export twice?

Thanks,

Jim
James Huenergardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #28
Trustee

I use a 480X270 image. A bit bigger than the usual 320X240 but I like to show off the HDV and I need a bit more room to do it.

I have no problem exporting to WM9 in one step using the Adobe Media Encoder.

I just set the frame size and use square pixels.
Old April 10th, 2006, 06:53 AM   #29
Major Player

Out of sync

Hello.

I'm trying out Aspect HD with Premiere Pro and have discovered a very strange problem. When I drop a clip encoded to CFHD 720p/25p in a CFHD timeline I get three secs sync delay. It's not my audio setup or my graphic setup. It's there on the timeline visibly. Opening the clip in AE or even Vegas does not render the same issue. How can this be?

I'm using Premiere Pro 2.0 and the latest Aspect HD 4.02.
Old April 10th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #30
Major Player

I've just tried it in PPRO 1.5.1. No problem.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase